• Register
  • Help

Topic: Soundcard Digital outs

Share/Bookmark

Soundcard Digital outs

Hi!
    I\'m going to buy a new soundcard for use with gigasampler. How can I connect the soundcard to my hi-fi? There are rarely optical connectors on soundcards, and I need a digital connector.. Any suggestions?

Re: Soundcard Digital outs

Some cards have optical digital ins/outs. One that I am familiar with with is the Mona card from Echo Audio. I believe the spdif outs from any card can be converted to optical with an external box designed for that purpose. - Doug

Just saw a review of the \"Creative Live! Drive IR\" and that card has optical digital ins and outs on the front panel (which requires an available 5.25\" bay). $200. Other SBLive cards have worked well with Giga products, although they lack the GSIF interface.

Fostex sells a spdif to optical converter box for around $70

And of course bearing in mind that the SBLive digital IOs can only do 48kHz

The TerraTec EWX 24/96 has an optical output and GSIF drivers. www.terratec.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cc:
    And of course bearing in mind that the SBLive digital IOs can only do 48kHz<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FWIW, that information may be out of date. According to the online SBLive manual 32k, 44.1k, and 48k are now supported.
    http://images.soundblaster.com/manuals/Platinum51.pdf

On the input - the output still seems to be 48kHz only

Go Back to forum