• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Topic: "Suite Number Two For Strings"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Suite Number Two For Strings"

    Y'all,

    Here is a part of my "Suite Number Two For Strings". All instruments are GPO. Notice that you can write chords and harmony in the lower strings without sounding "muddy", but care is needed. Also, for some strange, acoustical reason they sound better in sharp keys.

    The length of the entire composition is twenty minutes. This portion is only 04:18.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,024

    Re: "Suite Number Two For Strings"

    I enjoyed your suite. The fades gave it interest.

    I see your using fancy links now. I imagine it takes a little HTML work.

    Phil

  3. #3

    Re: "Suite Number Two For Strings"

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Y'all,

    Here is a part of my "Suite Number Two For Strings". All instruments are GPO. Notice that you can write chords and harmony in the lower strings without sounding "muddy", but care is needed. Also, for some strange, acoustical reason they sound better in sharp keys.

    The length of the entire composition is twenty minutes. This portion is only 04:18.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry,

    A work of an expert! Great sound, beautiful melody and arrangement. Excellent work. Keep up.

    Aleksandar

  4. #4

    Re: "Suite Number Two For Strings"

    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    I enjoyed your suite. The fades gave it interest.

    I see you're using fancy links now. I imagine it takes a little HTML work.

    Phil
    I am pleased that you liked my music, Mr. Phil.

    Nothin' fancy about the links. They are simply embedded in the title.

    Thanks and regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  5. #5

    Re: "Suite Number Two For Strings"

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar
    Larry,

    A work of an expert! Great sound, beautiful melody and arrangement. Excellent work. Keep up.

    Aleksandar
    Thank you for listening and commenting. I appreciate it.

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6

    Re: "Suite Number Two For Strings"

    Nice work on this, Larry; I enjoyed listening.

    Brahms, by the way, was a frequent visitor
    to un-"ruled" land of enriching harmony by
    filling in the lower strings; though he retained
    the courtesy of avoiding parallel fifths, nice
    fellow that he was.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •