• Register
  • Help

Topic: Apple's latest announcement

Share/Bookmark

Apple's latest announcement

This just in.

More iPods with bigger capacity, smaller cases and lower prices. Video games to purchase and play on the new iPods. Television shows now come at 640 x 480 pixels, which is quadruple the resolution they were using. Disney movies to purchase, more later. Free copy of Pirates of the Caribbean on your new iPod.

iTunes 7 with a huge leap forward in user interface design.

And next year something called an iTV (working title), an Apple set-top box for your television that plays back all the movie, TV show and music content from iTunes on your computer.

So it's all about consuming video games, movies, TV and music.

That's got to be a good thing for soundtrack composers, doesn't it?
    Wheat Williams
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Music Copyist in Sibelius
    Apple MacBook Pro, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
    Apple Certified Support Professional. I also work with Windows.

Re: Apple's latest announcement

The New iPod Shuffle.

Wow! I want this thing! I've been wanting an iPod for a long while, and I'd love to get my hands on that 80 GB this Christmas... and they lowered the price! Yay!

Thanks for the update! Now I'm all excited...

However, I must admit, I prefer the DVD format... I'm not sure I'd ever buy a downloadable movie. I still prefer to buy CDs and copy them to my computer rather than buying it digitally off the Internet. Something about having a physical tangible copy makes me feel better.

Good thing Steve is with Disney or he might not've gotten any movies.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

I downloaded The English Patient from iTunes last night. I started a bit late as it took a few hours because it's a long movie. Yawn!

I wanted to see what you get for $9.99 and it does look really good. It was just as easy as downloading a tune though you can start watching it once the DL starts. I don't think they are trying to replace sales of DVDs and Netflix (yet) but are giving consumers another way of buying and enjoying entertainment. I think the real key here is the so called iTV box that will complete the system along with a HD wide screen TV.

Remember, last year iTunes started with five TV shows.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Wow! I want this thing! I've been wanting an iPod for a long while, and I'd love to get my hands on that 80 GB this Christmas... and they lowered the price! Yay!

Thanks for the update! Now I'm all excited...

However, I must admit, I prefer the DVD format... I'm not sure I'd ever buy a downloadable movie. I still prefer to buy CDs and copy them to my computer rather than buying it digitally off the Internet. Something about having a physical tangible copy makes me feel better.

Good thing Steve is with Disney or he might not've gotten any movies.
    I believe the Studios are scared to death of DRM (Digital Rights Management.) The CSS encryption for DVDs was quickly broken and I'm sure they (the studios) fear massive databases out there of pirated movies that once in the public domain, could never be recovered. Sorta like trying to put the genie back in the bottle.

I also agree with the CD/DVD/BRD "hard copy" philosophy. I've had many a hard drive crash.

Keith Walls

Go Back to forum