• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stylus RMX MIDI learn issues :(

Share/Bookmark

Stylus RMX MIDI learn issues :(

Hey all. I've been using RMX for a few months now and i'm loving it. It's versatility and ease of use def makes it one of my "go-to" apps. Recnetly though, I have been having some trouble with MIDI learn. I am running RMX on a high powered PC, with sonar 5 and FL 6 as my sequencers, and a M-Audio Keystation 88 controller. When I first got stylus, (including after i did the 1.5 update) the midi learn was fine, and assigned to the faders or choice. Now, for some reason, it doesn't work at all. i can't figure it out at all. I forgot to apply the update on FL6, (haven't gotten around to it yet) but i don't see why that would be an issuse since it had been working before. the only other thing is i put in a new soundcard, the M-Audio Delta 1010LT. I didn't need midi learn, at the time i instalel dthe new card, so I can't say with conviction thats the problem, but at any rate, the MIDI signal goes thru the USB port anyway. Any ideas?

As a side note, I was curious... is it possible to just record the audio of Stylus so if i were to make a custom multi, i can play it in real time with changeups from using chaos? (one i have my midi learn up and running again!) I think pro tools handles midi and audio on the same tarck simultaneously, but i'm not sure if there is an option for that within sonar. thanks much =D

Re: Stylus RMX MIDI learn issues :(

Quote Originally Posted by TeamLDCO
    Hey all. I've been using RMX for a few months now and i'm loving it. It's versatility and ease of use def makes it one of my "go-to" apps. Recnetly though, I have been having some trouble with MIDI learn. I am running RMX on a high powered PC, with sonar 5 and FL 6 as my sequencers, and a M-Audio Keystation 88 controller. When I first got stylus, (including after i did the 1.5 update) the midi learn was fine, and assigned to the faders or choice. Now, for some reason, it doesn't work at all. i can't figure it out at all. I forgot to apply the update on FL6, (haven't gotten around to it yet) but i don't see why that would be an issuse since it had been working before. the only other thing is i put in a new soundcard, the M-Audio Delta 1010LT. I didn't need midi learn, at the time i instalel dthe new card, so I can't say with conviction thats the problem, but at any rate, the MIDI signal goes thru the USB port anyway. Any ideas?
    Did you save a MIDI Learn controller template after you set it up?

See the "Setting up a Hardware Controller" tutorial video for a full demo.

As a side note, I was curious... is it possible to just record the audio of Stylus so if i were to make a custom multi, i can play it in real time with changeups from using chaos? (one i have my midi learn up and running again!) I think pro tools handles midi and audio on the same tarck simultaneously, but i'm not sure if there is an option for that within sonar. thanks much =D
    Just figure out how to record the output of your DAW and that should do it. :-)

I know some cool solutions for this on OSX, but not Windows....perhaps someone else has an idea of how to do it with Sonar or another audio utility.

Re: Stylus RMX MIDI learn issues :(

TobyBear makes a shareware app called MiniHost that is great for working with VSTs that don't have a stand-alone interface, and you can record the output of your performance.

In Sonar? Well, that's what I'm trying to figure out.

Go Back to forum