• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Topic: Ewqlso Gold!

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Ewqlso Gold!

    I got it in the mail this week. I must say I do like the sound of the library, however I don't like the fact that there is no way to control the amount of reverb in this edition. But overall, the sound is pretty impressive. Now to find a string Library that has ambeinence options. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by mojamusic; 09-15-2006 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Tried to make the title bold!

  2. #2

    Re: Ewqlso Gold!

    About Gold, what you can do.

    You can cut off the tails, thus cutting all the 'natural' reverb coming out of the box, and then add your own reverb.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    357

    Re: Ewqlso Gold!

    Quote Originally Posted by mojamusic
    Now to find a string Library that has ambeinence options. Any suggestions?
    Yup - Platinum.

  4. #4

    Re: Ewqlso Gold!

    Quote Originally Posted by mojamusic
    I got it in the mail this week. I must say I do like the sound of the library, however I don't like the fact that there is no way to control the amount of reverb in this edition. But overall, the sound is pretty impressive. Now to find a string Library that has ambeinence options. Any suggestions?
    Get Kontakt 2 and edit the reverb at you own taste, add some script...You gonna love it!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Decatur Illinois
    Posts
    901

    Re: Ewqlso Gold!

    As Riff said too. Platinum. They have some really good discounts now.

  6. #6

    Re: Ewqlso Gold!

    It looks like I can pick up EWQL Gold for $350.00. I have GPO, but, to the extent I would use an orchestra, I would almost surely think that I would want a more "Hollywood" sound.

    Do you think I should jump on that?

    jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

  7. #7

    Re: Ewqlso Gold!

    Hi,
    If you can afford it - go for it...I paid full price
    $350.00 is a steal.
    Steph

  8. #8

    Re: Ewqlso Gold!

    Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    Hi,
    If you can afford it - go for it...I paid full price
    $350.00 is a steal.
    Steph
    Is EWQL Gold tougher to use? Are their multis with various articulations that make it easier? And is there an easy way to get legato lines? (sorry if I am hi jacking this thread, moja, but I thought this might be relevant for your purposes too)

    jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

  9. #9

    Re: Ewqlso Gold!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffn1
    It looks like I can pick up EWQL Gold for $350.00.
    If I may ask, where exactly are you getting it for $350? That sounds like a great deal if I can get in on it.

    Thanks,
    Chinmay

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Boise, Idaho, U.S.A.
    Posts
    240

    Re: Ewqlso Gold!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffn1
    Is EWQL Gold tougher to use? Are their multis with various articulations that make it easier? And is there an easy way to get legato lines? (sorry if I am hi jacking this thread, moja, but I thought this might be relevant for your purposes too)

    jeffn1
    Than GPO? From what I understand about GPO (having never used it) I think it will be much easier to use (basically much less tweaking to sound more authentic). As for the multis thing, there are keyswitching patches, but no premade multis, but honestly, it would only take like... 3 seconds to make a multi with all the articulations that you want so I don't see any problem there. As for legato, there is no "recorded" legato, but GPO doesn't have that either, so I have no idea what you are talking about, unless you mean "no sucking noise" in which case yeah, you don't have to worry about it.

    But seriously, for $350, I don't even know why we are even discussing this. That is a friggan steal (I paid $1k, worth very penny). So stop whining and buy it already!

    James

    BTW moja, I really don't know what you are talking about. You have a built in reverb right in the application so you can fiddle with that, drop the release triggers (in Kontakt) and add reverb or whatever you want... you just gotta be willing to toy with it. Sorry boys and girls but any sample lib is going to require end user tweaking to get them to sound how each specific person wants them to sound.
    "PRODUCER TO ARTIST: I don't care if that grace note on the snare hit in bar 9085 works! This is dub 'n bass acid house penis, not ~~~~ing house dub 'n acid bass penis with a twist!" - Nick Batzdorf

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •