• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stylus RMX Moving-Sample library to another drive

Share/Bookmark

Stylus RMX Moving-Sample library to another drive

Hi,

Just joined the Forum, which looks excellent. Does anyone know how to move the Sylus RMX sample library to another destination drive? I have a partition on my Mac for Samples, and managed to do this with Atmosphere by making an alias of the .dat file. I tried the same thing with the RMX but it hasn't worked. Any advice? I'm running OSX 10.4.7

PQ

Re: Stylus RMX Moving-Sample library to another drive

There is a movie on this from the spectrasonics people but I'm blanking on the name. You could search their movie PDF.

In any case, I would not bother to move the atmosphere or RMX .dat to a sample drive/partition. Spectrasonics stuff does not disk stream, meaning that all patches are loaded fully in RAM. Thus I see no need to move them from your system drive as they are not using the disk to stream any sounds.

Save the room on your sample drive/partitions for streaming samples that may actually benefit from a separate drive. (If I'm wrong on this, please feel free to put me in my place)

Hi John,

Thanks for replying. The reason I want to move the Sage file is that my system drive is filling up and I could do with freeing up the 7 gigs worth of RMX data.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by JT3_Jon
    In any case, I would not bother to move the atmosphere or RMX .dat to a sample drive/partition. Spectrasonics stuff does not disk stream, meaning that all patches are loaded fully in RAM.
    That's interesting. Does anyone know if there's a benefit to having the Spectrasonics data on the C:\ application drive rather than on a separate sample drive? Eric?

No real benefit...you can put it wherever you like.

A fast drive that's always ready (not sleeping) is the best bet for the fastest auditioning experience.

Go Back to forum