• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT-AAAAHHHHHHhhhhhhh!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs down OT-AAAAHHHHHHhhhhhhh!

Will some one tell my partner RUGS ON WALLS AND FLOORS AND NAILED ON ACOUSTICAL TILES DO NOT MAKE A GOOD RECORDING STUDIO! !
    Styxx

Re: OT-AAAAHHHHHHhhhhhhh!

Hey Styxx's Partner: RUGS ON WALLS AND FLOORS AND NAILED ON ACUSTICAL TILES DO NOT MAKE A GOOD RECORDING STUDIO! !

They are only good for insane asylums... that's what the aliens said.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    ACUSTICAL
    Hey partner,

Acoustical means acoustical and NOT DRY WITHOUT ANY ECHO, REFLECTION, DAMPING, SMOKE, BEER, HUMANS, BIG MAC, etc.....

Do you really want an anechoïc room? As dry as the Sahara?
    Where a Guarneri sounds like a mouth-organ?

Raymond

Angry Re: OT-AAAAHHHHHHhhhhhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    Hey partner,

Acoustical means acoustical and NOT DRY WITHOUT ANY ECHO, REFLECTION, DAMPING, SMOKE, BEER, HUMANS, BIG MAC, etc.....

Do you really want an anechoïc room? As dry as the Sahara?
    Where a Guarneri sounds like a mouth-organ?

Raymond
    Thanks for the spell check. I am becoming more and more frustrated with the whole studio end of this deal! Find me one professional studio with freaking rugs all over and I'll toss my PC out the window!
    This is the best, "What do you mean we have to redo this space? It's perfect just the way it is!" All the while you can hear people walking around above you and if you are upstairs in the main showroom, you can hear a conversation going on in the so-called studio space in the lower level. My god! Oh MY GOD! Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggggggggg!

You know, it really isn’t fair that we’ve given computers the power to “delete”!
    Styxx

Find me one professional studio with freaking rugs all over and I'll toss my PC out the window!
    You mean other than yours ... hehe ... hehe

That doesn't sound like the ideal recording situation.... well, unless you're trying to start a new fad... some kind of new-age ambience?

Just say you're old-fashion and want to do things the "traditional" way
    JP Garbarini
    http://musicbyjpg.com

"A man who is paid to do what he enjoys never works a day in his life." -- Chinese Proverb

Thanks for the spell check. I am becoming more and more frustrated with the whole studio end of this deal! Find me one professional studio with freaking rugs all over and I'll toss my PC out the window!
    This is the best, "What do you mean we have to redo this space? It's perfect just the way it is!" All the while you can hear people walking around above you and if you are upstairs in the main showroom, you can hear a conversation going on in the so-called studio space in the lower level. My god! Oh MY GOD! Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggggggggg!

You know, it really isn’t fair that we’ve given computers the power to “delete”!
    oops coffee through the nose form laughing so hard.

you may as well use a staple gun and egg cartons.

Anyone with more horror stories about studios like this, could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by masimon
    oops coffee through the nose form laughing so hard.

Not really a studio as such, but in my first house I had a little room with my DAW in it. We lived in a semi-detached house, and this room shared a wall with next door's bathroom, so I frequently had to try mixing over the noise of bad plumbing, showering and toilet flushing. Then I discovered we had a damp problem when I found mold growing on the folder of my Garritan strings.

Quote Originally Posted by masimon

My first studio had the egg carton ambience..... the one with the Tascam 8 track reel-to-reel....

It would be "wall to wall" carpeting...

oohh, corny...
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum