• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Kontakt and Logic Audio (PC)

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt and Logic Audio (PC)

Hello,

Logic Audio does not recognize Kontakt as \"Multi Channel\". Is there a way around this?
    I do not see any \"capture to wave\" function. How can I record the audio?
    System: Logic Audio or Samplitude, Kontakt, RME Digiface.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards.
    Jeannot Welter.

Re: Kontakt and Logic Audio (PC)

Well, I guess that from the overwhelming amount of responses that I got you can only use 1 instrument per instance of Kontakt if you use Kontakt as VSTi in Logic Audio 5.5.
    What a waist.....

Originally posted by Jeannot Welter:
    Well, I guess that from the overwhelming amount of responses that I got you can only use 1 instrument per instance of Kontakt if you use Kontakt as VSTi in Logic Audio 5.5.
    What a waist.....
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Originally posted by Jeannot Welter:
    What a waist.....
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">U should be able to drag and drop different patches into 1 instance of kontakt.I`ve had up to 8 different patch all assighned to different midi channels going.I`m using Cubase but i think Logic is the same..Rich

Are you using Kontakt as stand alone or VSTi? As VSTi Kontakt has to show in Logic\'s Multi Channel plugin menu in order to do that. So I think Logic and Cubase are different. However it works in Samplitude. Although MIDI in Sam is a different story ...

Thank you.
    JW.

You should use Kontakt as VSTi. This way you are far more felxible. Logic allows routing of each instance of an audioinstrument to different chanels. Just make an audio instrument for each seperate instrument (or track) you want to route to a seperate audio port. In the environment you can route each instance to the outputs you have.
    \\
    MP

I am using Kontakt as VSTi and I can load 32 instances. I can load 16 patches per instance, however I can only PLAY 1 patch per instance, thus it is a complete waste of time and money if you want to use Kontakt with Logic.

First, with Logic 6.0, there is no VSTi.

Second, with Logic, to load an audio instrument, it\'s basically one instance/one program. That\'s how the program is designed.

Third, with Cubase SX, one instance/16 MIDI channels.

Peter Alexander

I am using 5.5 on PC. 5.5 has VSTis. They show up under \"Multi Channel\". Kontakt does not.

In Logic 5.5 it’s also possible to address separate MIDI channels for a single instance of Kontakt but it requires some extra work on the part of the user. You will need to create separate audio objects in the \"All Objects\" page of the environment and assign each to the *same* instrument (in the “cha” heading) but *different* MIDI channels. Name them something like Kontakt 1, Kontakt 2, etc. Obviously, you will need to create 16 instruments – one for each MIDI channel. These will appear in the “Audio Instruments” list when assigning tracks. Now, if you load different instruments into the MIDI channels of a single instance of Kontakt the separate MIDI channels will be available by choosing the corresponding number from the Audio Instruments list.

Tom

Go Back to forum