• Register
  • Help

Topic: How much for a score ?

Share/Bookmark

How much for a score ?

My question is : How much for a score ?

Seriously, I mean, how could I ask for an original composition if I have to 1) compose 2) record with my virtual orchestra 3) make and print the score AND 4) parts ?

Of course, the best way is to directly write with a virtual orchestra on which I can write the score.

How do you usualy ask for this kind of job ?

Thanks

Re: How much for a score ?

I'm not sure I understand here what you need:

If I understand correctly though, someone came to you and asked you to composer a music track for him/her. But not only compose it, but also make the mock=up for the score, make the actual score and the parts. Right?

Well it depends on the client and the music.

Orchestral music can be paid for 1000$ (or more) per minute, if you're Jeremy Soule (in game music). If you're Williams I have no idea how high it goes. As to making the parts and allmy personal experience as a copyist was to get 30-40 euros (for an orchestra), per page. 10 pages? 350 euros (I made a discount )

I do remember that there are some charts around in the net, which could help you, but I don't have the time right now to search for the link.

Also the most important thing, is who you're doing this for: A company? an individual? a guy in Romania, or a guy in NYC?

Quote Originally Posted by SyQuEsT
    My question is : How much for a score ?
    For feature film, anywhere from $10,000 to about 1.5 mil. If you fall into the latter category for one reason or another, I will be your girlfriend for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by RiffWraith
    If you fall into the latter category for one reason or another, I will be your girlfriend for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolas
    Also the most important thing, is who you're doing this for: A company? an individual? a guy in Romania, or a guy in NYC?
    I would say this is the vital question.
    Who is paying the bill. ?
    If it is Sony, or Warner Bros. Congratulations. You had better hire someone good to help you count the money.

If it is your town Youth Orchestra. Congratulations. You will hear your score being performed, and learn a lot.

regards Joe

Go Back to forum