• Help
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: Scarbee - "5 Products discontinued"

Share/Bookmark

Scarbee - "5 Products discontinued"

Just noticed this on the Scarbee website:
    September 19
    "5 Products discontinued"
    Dear users. It is with deep, deep regret that I have to inform you that due to a certain conditions we have found no other solution than imediately discontinuing R.S.P. '73, Vintage Keyboard Collection, Keyboard Gold Bundle, Vintage Keyboard Collection - K2 and Keyboard Gold Bundle - K2. We have also removed all reviews, artist quotes (and artists) referring to these products. Furthermore we have found it necessary to remove our FORUM. We hope you have understanding for such a dramatic move, but as we are a tiny company we see no other options right now. If ever - we need your support, so we hope you will continuing buying other Scarbee products. regards Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Sounds like "the lawyers" got involved. I wonder whose, and over what...
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Re: Scarbee - "5 Products discontinued"

WOW

That is sad news for Scarbee, and worrying news for the sampling community using named "brands".
    www.naxosradio.com
    VSL Symphonic Cube, PLAY Gold, Project SAM, Altiverb, US2400, Cubase 4

holy cats!!!
    -david abraham
    Facebook

Bummer, serious bummer!
    I don't know what's behind this, but sampling a acoustic instrument can't be wrong!
    Thomas Skarbye makes 1:st class sampled instruments! I hope that he will continue doing so and I also hope that people keep buying the stuff still there.
    Hang in there Tomas!!!!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    Looking at the site, I would think it must involve whoever currently owns whatever is left of Rhodes, or Fender Rhodes. I notice that the WEP Wurlitzer library is still for sale. Perhaps Hohner is also involved.

I wonder if any other companies with Rhodes or Hohner Clavinet samples will be affected.

Lee Blaske
    That is my hypothesis too. The only common denominator among the discontinued products is the Rhodes. My guess is that Hohner is not involved and that the reason the bundles are disappearing is because of the Rhodes.
    I have no inside knowledge, just guessing based on which products are affected, and knowing that there is a company that purchased the rights to the Rhodes name and is planning on producing new electric pianos.

I wonder if Thomas will release the Clav and/or Pianet seperately. I am very glad I own all of these products already, and I am a HUGE fan of them. THe Wurly in particular is a cornerstone of my live rig.

Yes - I am a fan of Scarbee too.I love his Vintage Keyboard Collection! Tomas, I wish you the best!

Regards,

Jim
    RealSax.com "When you need real sax in your tracks."
    http://www.realsax.com

i actually popped over to this forum to see if there might be any explanation. i really hope this does not turn out as bad for scarbee & co as it sort of seems. the rsp is by far my favorite sample set and often the only reason i really feel the need to have a computer involved in making music.

Let me get this straight... he's being buried because he SAMPLED a Rhodes and a Wurlitzer? Or because he used the names without permission?

This is effing crazy! How many sample products are out there that use the name "Rhodes" in the name or description? How many of those are with permission? Probably not many.

And this couldn't be worked out somehow?

Well... if this really is what you guys are describing... all I'll say is that companies like the one that is behind this nonsense better watch their ~~~ in the age of the internet and the countless forums like this...

Quote Originally Posted by kbaccki
    Let me get this straight... he's being buried because he SAMPLED a Rhodes and a Wurlitzer? Or because he used the names without permission?

This is effing crazy! How many sample products are out there that use the name "Rhodes" in the name or description? How many of those are with permission? Probably not many.

And this couldn't be worked out somehow?

Well... if this really is what you guys are describing... all I'll say is that companies like the one that is behind this nonsense better watch their ~~~ in the age of the internet and the countless forums like this...
    I wonder if Yamaha got permission for the patch "FM Rhodes"... what do you think?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast