• Register
  • Help

Topic: Generations

I know I posted about it before, but I have finally gotten around to finishing it. Although, I'm going to tweak it one last time (remove a couple of parts that didn't quite work...), this is for the most part, the final version. I decided to just make a new topic instead of looking back through older topics for the original.

EDIT: I have just updated it. Removed a few parts. Haven't listened to it yet though...
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Re: Generations

Quote Originally Posted by C J Pro
    Haven't listened to it yet though...
    That rather tempts one to say: "Me neither."

If you do not respect your own work enough to listen to it
    before posting, CJ, it does not invite others to do so.

My best,

I have listened to the original. I know what this updated version I posted sounds like, but I didn't listen to this one as a whole. I just didn't have the time to spend the full 7 minutes listening to it last night so I just went through and checked the parts I changed. But I finally listened to it as a whole just now and have to say there are only about 2 notes I am not happy with.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

I was pleased with the first winds notes which promised a well-done rendering. Actually the strings are not really on par.

You have good sense for the hookline melody, but I would recommend more inherent dynamics to the orchestra instruments and also more adjustion between the groups. The drums are much too loud (are parts of it a live recording?) and fall out of the mix, as do some instruments.

The overall architecture is not very clear and would need some more thightening.

Hope this helps

All your strings belong to me!

Go Back to forum