• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Topic: Brass Sandwich

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,022

    Brass Sandwich

    I call this one Brass Sandwich. It's all GPO except for some Miroslav strings.


    http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/fast...andwich%20.MP3


    Here is the heavy metal mix for all you metal heads, so dust off those platform shoes and stomp.

    The bass and guitars are Sampletank.


    http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/fast...ch%20Metal.MP3


  2. #2

    Re: Brass Sandwich

    Hi,

    this is a fun piece. I like the idea and the general sound.

    I am thinking of some makro for this forum that puts "maybe some more dynamics would be good" under most of my comments.


    Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

  3. #3

    Re: Brass Sandwich

    Fun ride on this, Phil, especially the heavy metal glide.

    Phil, some anvils would be cool, ya think? Seriously.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  4. #4
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: Brass Sandwich

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannes_F
    Hi,

    this is a fun piece. I like the idea and the general sound.

    I am thinking of some makro for this forum that puts "maybe some more dynamics would be good" under most of my comments.


    Hannes
    Thanks for the listen and comments. You are very right about more dynamics.

    But Heavy Metal of course only has P and FFFFFFFFFFFF.

    Phil

  5. #5
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: Brass Sandwich

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Fun ride on this, Phil, especially the heavy metal glide.

    Phil, some anvils would be cool, ya think? Seriously.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    Yes, anvils would be cool. Or maybe whips? Nah, too Madonna.

    Thanks for listening David.

    Phil

  6. #6

    Re: Brass Sandwich

    This is wonderful!! I love it! Catchy melody and I love the brass orchestration and the bold timpani. I love the change in mood around 1:25... beautiful melody. The heavy metal mix needs more cymbals.

    Great work, I'll have to save this one!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Penfield (Rochester), NY
    Posts
    1,719

    Re: Brass Sandwich

    Phil,

    hahahah....great brass and percussion. So tell us, did the Heavy Metal version come before or after the blow to the head . David, anvils...maybe or high explosives!!

    Gary

    www.garybricault.com

  8. #8
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: Brass Sandwich

    Thanks for posting Gary.

    Well, the heavy metal version originally came first in my head but then I decided to first do a "straight" version first just in case the metal version blew up in my face.

    I did knock myself out a few times as a child but they were caused by my constant spacing out.

    Sorry about the late reply but my ISP's fiber service to just me has been either very slow, off & on or just off for the last week. I hope the problem is fixed soon.

    Phil

  9. #9

    Re: Brass Sandwich

    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    I call this one Brass Sandwich. It's all GPO except for some Miroslav strings.


    http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/fast...andwich%20.MP3


    Here is the heavy metal mix for all you metal heads, so dust off those platform shoes and stomp.

    The bass and guitars are Sampletank.


    http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/fast...ch%20Metal.MP3

    A heartwarming mix of Gabrieli and Welk (why, oh, why is there no GPO accordion???)...a renaissance band on steroids!
    Nice!!
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

  10. #10
    Senior Member valhalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, Colorado
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Brass Sandwich

    Phil,
    This is absolutely fun! I love it. The brass are wonderful. Like the verb, too.
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

    My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •