• Register
  • Help

Topic: ASUS A8V Deluxe Alternative for 1820 or Delta 66

Share/Bookmark

ASUS A8V Deluxe Alternative for 1820 or Delta 66

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum!

I have finally decided (kind of!) which soundcard to get, it will be either the E-MU 1820 or the Delta 66 with Omni i/o breakout box.

I'm using sata drives, and realised I have a motherboard with the Nforce 2 chipset which has given people nightmares, so I need an upgrade.

I had decided on the Asus A8V deluxe, as so many people think its the bees knees as far as stability goes, but alas, its near impossible to get hold of.

Does anyone have experience with a either of these soundcards, sata and a newer board that they could recommend?

One thing, I need an agp slot.

Thanks for your help,

Aliee

Re: ASUS A8V Deluxe Alternative for 1820 or Delta 66

Hello Aliee,

I own the Asus A8V Deluxe, and it's been solid with my Audiophile 192. For some reason this motherboard does not work with the Echo MIA, and others have had the same problems. I spent many hours trying every possible workaround. They just don't play together.

If I were to build a new system today, I'd certainly go for an Intel Core Duo - and I've been an AMD guy for a decade. My son built a system with the Asus P5NSLI, and it screams! No idea about audio compatibility though...

HI,
    you can get just the A8V and buy a firewire card for it.
    in fact its actually better that way.

there are other boards that are better.

Scott
    ADK

Thanks for your help guys.

I've decided on the A8V, fingers crossed its on its way. Can you recommend a cheap firewire card with the TI chipset that is available in the UK? I'm having trouble finding out which are Texas Instruments, and which arent.

Thanks again.

Aliee

HI,
    ADS Pyro (API 311)

Scott
    ADK

Quote Originally Posted by Jcschild
    ADS Pyro (API 311)
    I can confirm that the Pyro has the TI chipset. My son just bought one for his P5NSLI mobo. We had the same criteria - low cost; TI chip.

-JF

Go Back to forum