• Register
  • Help

Topic: Symphonic Choirs in K2?

Share/Bookmark

Symphonic Choirs in K2?

I am wanting to get the Choir while it's on sale, and I'm wondering if it is possible to open the instruments in K2 so I can take advantage of the purge unused samples function. Also, does the Wordbuilder function work as a VST, so I can just use the export function to render to stereo file, or is it a thing more like the performance tool in VSL, and you have to record to an outside source?

Thanks,

Mark

Re: Symphonic Choirs in K2?

I believe that you can use it with K2. I use them with Komakt, but the extention and format are the same, so you shuoldn't have any problem.

Now onto wordbuilder:

You use it as an insert in Cubase/Nuendo (since you mention VSY). EVerything you do you can export as audio, probably realtime and be done with each voice.

hope it helps.

Nikolas

Thanks for the info. LOVE that it is a VST. Can anyone else chime in on experience with the choir in K2? I run a windows machine with 2 gigs of ram, and I hear that the programs are WAY ram instensive. So the purge function seems pivotal.

Thanks,

Mark

You actually have to use it in K2 to get a full men's or full women's chorus. The Kompakt ranges are unusually truncated. There are multis included that are named "K2 only" that are just for this purpose.

I guess they don't bring this up too often because it's not a good sales point.

As for the RAM issue, with 2 Gb (that's what I've got) you'll get 1 voice at a time. Export, move to the next and so on.

And yes the ranges are really *****d up

Choirs work fine in K2. As JMDNYC said, you have to used K2 in order to load the full mens or full womans choirs. I personally have found myself using Kompakt more than K2, since I don't think a single instance of K2 can route to more than one word builder at a time and Kompakt is a little less resource hungry than K2.
    Tim

Thanks everyone for chiming in. I think I can purchase now.

Mark

I guess they don't bring this up too often because it's not a good sales point.
    That seems a little harsh, no? All modern streaming libraries demand lots of computer, and I haven't seen any company hide that fact.

You can always go to companies' support forums for insight into system requirements, but a G5 with 5GB installed can load a full choir in about 2.15GB (including Logic Pro). That leaves 850MB or so for loading other stuff - not lightweight, but not totally unmanageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    You can always go to companies' support forums for insight into system requirements, but a G5 with 5GB installed can load a full choir in about 2.15GB (including Logic Pro).
    If this is true, I'm certainly missing out something! I don't think it's that easy to load all 4 voices in multis (unless you mean something else, in which case I'll just s**t up!)

Go Back to forum