As a Cubase SX 3 user I was excited to see so many great new features being added to Cubase 4. Several of the new features will directly enhance my experience with GPO, so I thought I would share what I've noticed and see what other people have picked up on that I've missed. Before I start the list I will say that I think the MIDI edit in place feature in SX3 is the single biggest time saver I have ever had in a DAW application. Being able to see and edit multiple instraments in the project window is fantastic.
1) Being able to remove (and later re-add) VSTi channels from the screen will reduce a huge amount of clutter in the Mixer, etc.
2) Soundframe will allow us to organize our GPO, Strad, JAB, etc. instruments right along with all other VSTis and effects.
3) Track Presets should give us a more flexible system for creating various templates for orchestras, chamber music, brass quartets, big bands, and so on.
4) Drag and drop inserts will allow us to more easily apply and tweak gentle effects to each track
5) Instrument Tracks could give more flexibility for setting up instruments.
What do you all think?