• Register
  • Help

Topic: More percussion...????

More percussion...????

I'm sitting on loads of percussion samples that I haven't gotten around to doing something with yet, and I wonder if there would be any interest in a percussion library. There are the normal stuff, like tambourin, bongos, eggs, marracas and so on, and also some wierd stuff like furdrum, rainstick and mouth-plops(!).
    Averything is recorded from two perspectives, close and ambient, so you can mix in how much ambience you would like.
    Just thought I'd ask if there's any interest round this since there are a lot of percussion libraries out there.

Arf, arf, arf...

Re: More percussion...????

Well, I for one am always interested in weird stuff.
    Dan Powers

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Count me in too. The wierder the better.

There are not a lot of things left on my "can't have too many" list... guitars and microphones - certainly, stomp boxes and amplifiers - probably, sample libraries - not so much<G>!

The one exception, at least for me, is percussion, especially hand percussion stuff and percussion toys. For some reason these things fascinate me, and not just for musical applications, but also as a source for sound effects.

So I'd say go for it!!!

Take care,

Bill Thompson
    Audio Enterprise

K2? I'm buyin'!

Hi everyone,

I am also interested in weird stuff but it should be great a really huge drumkit. I mean, with octobans, timbalitos, cowbells, high-octave crotales and stuff like that.

There are a lot of drumkit libraries around but when you want some extra stuff you have to get other libraries and probably these new pieces don't fit too well with the old ones.

I mean something like that:

Los Angeles

It would be cool to do percussion things....but it would be more cool to do a percussion library for BFD under whatever that license deal is they now have. I don't think those guys are ever going to get around to a percussion pak themselves.

There are 5 or 6 complimentary sounds in xfl, but nowhere enough... the BFD world needs more bongos and congas and timbales and shakers and gueros etc.

it would be more cool to do a percussion library for BFD under whatever that license deal is they now have.
    interesting that you would say that... back when I finally figured out I needed a better drum toolkit I narrowed it down to BFD and DFHs, and I was leaning towards BFD for the support for patterns, but I finally picked DFHs for the percussion.

Bill Thompson
    Audio Enterprise

Go Back to forum