• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Topic: Thunder Mountain

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Senior Member valhalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, Colorado
    Posts
    1,184

    Thunder Mountain

    Thunder Mountain
    By W.A. DeWitt


    Dedicated to Gary Garritan whose vision made all of this possible.

    With thanks to David Sosnowski for imparting the sound advice that every single note is important.

    .
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

    My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

  2. #2

    Re: Thunder Mountain

    Very enjoyable and evocative, W.A. Nice presentation too. I always like to read the background info revealing the music's subject matter (when relevant.) A lot of work here.

    Tom

  3. #3

    Re: Thunder Mountain

    This is quite a symphonic tone poem. I think it captures each period of time with it's own uniqueness but holds together as a wonderful composition. My compliments to you. You captured a feel and mood that is definitely western and grandiose.

    Thanks for this thrilling piece!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

    Rich

  4. #4

    Re: Thunder Mountain

    Thanks for posting this fine work. I particularly enjoyed the first movement. Very evocative.

    I noticed a few audio glitches in your mp3s, and I didn't know if you were aware of them. It sounds as if different sections were recorded and spliced together, and there is sometimes a "hic-up" just at the end of a reverb tail.
    - Jamie Kowalski

    All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

  5. #5

    Re: Thunder Mountain

    Way to go, Mr. Bill! Excellent and enjoyable writing.

    Thanks for posting this fine suite of works. You are a very talented and creative person.

    My best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6

    Re: Thunder Mountain

    Wow!

    Terrific work!

    Very Epic in scope.

    All movements tied in perfectly with each other. I huge undertaking no doubt.

    ... I particularly liked the first movement.

    Outstanding!

    ~Jeff

  7. #7
    Senior Member valhalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, Colorado
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Thunder Mountain

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Very enjoyable and evocative, W.A. Nice presentation too. I always like to read the background info revealing the music's subject matter (when relevant.)
    Thanks Tom. When the background info got to the size that it did, I figured a separate link would be best.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    A lot of work here.
    Tom
    All summer. It was fun.
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

    My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

  8. #8
    Senior Member valhalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, Colorado
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Thunder Mountain

    Quote Originally Posted by RichR
    This is quite a symphonic tone poem. I think it captures each period of time with it's own uniqueness but holds together as a wonderful composition. My compliments to you. You captured a feel and mood that is definitely western and grandiose.

    Thanks for this thrilling piece!
    And thank you Rich. Western and grandiose. I like that. I've always enjoyed living in the west. When you're writing about something close to home it all comes much easier.
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

    My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

  9. #9
    Senior Member valhalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, Colorado
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Thunder Mountain

    Quote Originally Posted by Skysaw
    Thanks for posting this fine work. I particularly enjoyed the first movement. Very evocative.
    Thanks Jamie. I don't know why but I was apprehensive about that movement. I guess because I put more work and sweat into that one. Glad you enjoyed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skysaw
    I noticed a few audio glitches in your mp3s, and I didn't know if you were aware of them. It sounds as if different sections were recorded and spliced together, and there is sometimes a "hic-up" just at the end of a reverb tail.
    Gosh. I've listened to the MP3s numerous times and haven't noticed that. The only splice job was the MP3 of the whole suite.
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

    My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

  10. #10
    Senior Member valhalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, Colorado
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Thunder Mountain

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Way to go, Mr. Bill! Excellent and enjoyable writing.

    Thanks for posting this fine suite of works. You are a very talented and creative person.

    My best,

    Larry
    Thanks Mr Larry. I was thinking of doing a tone poem of the great state of Texas...oops...I'll leave that to you (bein' Texan and all). Sincerely, thank you for your kind comments.
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

    My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •