• Register
  • Help

Topic: Printing Score?

Share/Bookmark

Printing Score?

How many of you print from Notion?
    Seems impossible (for me) to print a reference onto legal or letter without complete miss-balance from page to page.
    I can save as PDF open and resize in Photoshop then print but each page and it's margins seem to differ. (White boarders no coinciding with page margins)
    (36 Staves)

Also in Parts: measure numbers don’t follow the score if you’ve multi-Bar-Rest measures.
    I.e. Mm 1 & 2 = 8 measures of rest then part mm #3 should be numbered mm 9*.
    * Or is this normal not to correspond with the score (Number wise)?

---
    (Fit to paper size gives me A3 paper size.)
    (Epson printer Letter/Legal, Mac)

BTW Gutter size if set, always reverts to zero.

Notion 1.5.5

Before I get one do A3 printers work OK (With Notion)?

Thanks for any insights, tips and or suggestions.
    TC

Re: Printing Score?

Update:
    Version 1.5.6 & my printer seem to be getting along.
    Letter and legal drafts position properly.

Thanks Notion Team!

Printing from the Demo is a real problem for me. I don't know of a solution.

I just found out that this will be one of the big things we start working on after this next update, but for now one workaround is to (Mac) print to PDF, or (Windows) download and install CutePDF (free for non-commercial use) and print to PDF. Then the scaling can be played with in Acrobat Reader (free) and printed from there.

Thanks for the link Jason. When I'm using my PC this utility is helpful. One thing to note is that when exporting a PDF from NOTION it's important to make sure to go into the Advanced section and keep the page sized consistent with what page format you've selected in NOTION Page Set-Up. It took me a little while to figure this out tonight. But it works very well now.

Hi

Could someone explain how one gets a Notion file into this PFD format. It looks promising and I thank Jason for the suggestion as it seems go toward, at least for the time being, more of what everyone is looking for.

Hawksong

I haven't spent time with CutePDF, but I will at some point.

Dave?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawksong
    Hi

Could someone explain how one gets a Notion file into this PFD format. It looks promising and I thank Jason for the suggestion as it seems go toward, at least for the time being, more of what everyone is looking for.

Hawksong
    once you install the CutePDF program and adapter (same web page), you just go to Print, then in print menu select CutePDF and print. It will prompt you to choose a file name for your composition and presto that's it!

Now keep in mind you need to go into the Advanced area and select the proper paper size. Once you load it into Adobe Reader, it will print to whatever the default paper is. It works very well especially on 11 x 17 paper. I sent it to my work and was able to print out my current competition score on glorious 11 x 17 paper in order to review it and find any mistakes I may have made. Totally awesome!

Hi

Thanks a bunch. I was missing the adapter. I will give this a try and let you know is what.

Thanks again

Hawksong

Go Back to forum