• Register
  • Help

Topic: SHORT JAZZ INTERLUDE thingy

Share/Bookmark

SHORT JAZZ INTERLUDE thingy

Hi everyone.

A hectic teaching schedule has kept me from posting or listening much here lately, but here's a quick GPO/JABBer. I was going for a touch of film noir jazz feel, juxtaposed over a viola section harmonic ostinato (well, something like that!) GPO strings, JABB Piano/Bass (Chuck Israels patch)/Brush Drums, Trombone, Tenor Sax, Harmon Mute Trumpet

A couple of much longer, hopefully worthy pieces on the way (for Christmas and possibly Halloween).

Here is A Jazz Interlude: http://www.dannywilliamsmusic.com/JazzInterlude.mp3

Danny

Re: SHORT JAZZ INTERLUDE thingy

Gosh, almost missed this one, Danny; my apologies.

Really impressive (that would mean: wow!) sound you're
    getting out of the ensemble.

You might think a little more about the opening; some-
    thing isn't quite hitting me right there (root?) -- or perhaps
    I'm just not "getting it" -- but once this roles it's just plain
    delicious, Danny.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Gosh, almost missed this one, Danny; my apologies.

Really impressive (that would mean: wow!) sound you're
    getting out of the ensemble.

You might think a little more about the opening; some-
    thing isn't quite hitting me right there (root?) -- or perhaps
    I'm just not "getting it" -- but once this roles it's just plain
    delicious, Danny.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Hi David; it's been a while!

And yes, you're right, the beginning is intended to be a bit nebulous and ambiguous harmonically until settled in by the bass after a couple bars, but perhaps I did make it too much so in the way it's mixed (to me, mixing=mystery so often!).

Thanks so much for your kind words of support you provide to everyone here, including me!

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by DDW
    Hi David; it's been a while!

And yes, you're right, the beginning is intended to be a bit nebulous and ambiguous harmonically until settled in by the bass after a couple bars, but perhaps I did make it too much so in the way it's mixed (to me, mixing=mystery so often!).

Thanks so much for your kind words of support you provide to everyone here, including me!

Danny
    Danny,

I don't think the intro took too long to develop. If it is a good piece the masses can wait a little while for it And I think it is very nice!!! Now make it longer so there is more to enjoy

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Quote Originally Posted by GaryBric
    Danny,

I don't think the intro took too long to develop. If it is a good piece the masses can wait a little while for it And I think it is very nice!!! Now make it longer so there is more to enjoy

Gary

www.garybricault.com
    Thanks, Gary. (umm...masses?? ) I have a couple of "full length" pieces to share soon; this was just a short Sunday afternoon exercise. I certainly appreciate your kind words.

Danny

DDW,

Nice intro and start. Makes me want to get my flugal horn out and blow along - kewl!

I don't think the intro bars are wrong or lacking direction, it's like a cool spring rain waiting for something to 'jazz it up' - you just wetted (pun intended) my appetite, more please.

Quote Originally Posted by wrayer
    DDW,

Nice intro and start. Makes me want to get my flugal horn out and blow along - kewl!

I don't think the intro bars are wrong or lacking direction, it's like a cool spring rain waiting for something to 'jazz it up' - you just wetted (pun intended) my appetite, more please.
    Well, thanks! More -- and longer -- on the way soon.

Excellent! I like the ambiguous opening. It feels VERY film noir. There's a bit of romance, mystery, and perhaps a touch of danger .

Extremely well rendered. I look forward to hearing the longer pieces you have brewing.

- Michael
    -----------------------------
    - Michael Fortunato

I really like the whole ending segment from the piano bit at about :45 seconds in, and how that contrasts with the short pause (nice decision)and horns motif , leading to bass slide and string ending. That sequence of timbres is very nice and moody.
    RealSax.com "When you need real sax in your tracks."
    http://www.realsax.com

mmm... very stylish and nice! I'm impressed. Very Sunday-afternoonish.

Go Back to forum