• Register
  • Help

Topic: a film intro in heavy metal style...

Share/Bookmark

a film intro in heavy metal style...

hi!
    in the weekend i had an idea to make a short music in the style of some film score "movie introduction", inspired by soundtracks like braveheart and also a little bit of, perhaps, indiana jones and lord of the ring.

the orchestral part is indeed very short (i hope to find some other idea to develop it, maybe by inserting some theme...) and then i switched to a more "classical" heavy metal style with distorted guitars and drums... ending with a simple solo...

there are not so many ideas here, and since the song is just 2 minutes long, they are shortly devolped... if i was a composer, i would be able to make a 10 minute opus, but i'm not one, so i was only able to come up with this piece...

http://www.alchemystudio.it/nodirection/intro.zip

the mix is still a bit rough, and i use a fre VST for a simple mastering... i don't consider this piece "ended", yet! :-)

Re: a film intro in heavy metal style...

Hi,

very interesting cue, and the rendering is quite good. What guitar sound do you use?

Maybe it is just me but when the rock part begins it sounds a little too happy. Big good mood festival atmosphere. I don't know whether this is intended.

I happen to produce a film intro right now that has also a switch from orchestra to rock sounds. It will be interesting to compare .

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes_F
    Hi,
    very interesting cue, and the rendering is quite good. What guitar sound do you use?
    the guitar is processed simply through a VAMP pro and a Creamware pulsar compressor, nothing more...

Maybe it is just me but when the rock part begins it sounds a little too happy. Big good mood festival atmosphere. I don't know whether this is intended.
    yesa, actually the mood of the second part is "happy", this was not really intended... it was just my attitude when i reached the end of the first part, which was first played with a synth-string patch on a korg 01RW, then written (at least some part, since i'm not a skilled composer... and i play mostly by ear!)... when i came to the end of the orcherstral part, i know it was time to switch to some other chord progression, and i came down with that! :-D

I happen to produce a film intro right now that has also a switch from orchestra to rock sounds. It will be interesting to compare .
    i think it will be interesting in any case!! :-D

thanks for your comment!

With regrets, I was unable to open this.

Can you post a link to an .mp3?

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Question Re: a film intro in heavy metal style...

Ca...volo!
    Il passaggio dal sospeso all'eroico è un po' troppo repentino, suona tipo secondo episodio, mi sembrava più consono farlo crescere poco a poco...nel complesso comunque è ben fatto.

But you didn't clarify: are you recording yourself playing the electric guitar live or it's a sequence?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    Ca...volo!
    Il passaggio dal sospeso all'eroico è un po' troppo repentino, suona tipo secondo episodio, mi sembrava più consono farlo crescere poco a poco...nel complesso comunque è ben fatto.
    detto da te è più che un comlpimento...... :-)
    sto pensando a come dilatare un po il tutto... ma non è facile per me! :-D
    ad ogni modo non la considero conclusa.. spero di aggiugnere qualcosa sia nella prima che nella seconda parte!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    But you didn't clarify: are you recording yourself playing the electric guitar live or it's a sequence?
    yes, the guitar is played live (of course... the best take was obtained after some tries!)

Go Back to forum