• Register
  • Help

Topic: Wake up and smell the soundcard

Share/Bookmark

Wake up and smell the soundcard

The Settings/Hardware window in Gstudio does not show my Mia soundcard, even though the card appears to be installed and operating correctly, and is certified for Giga. I should see the card name listed in the hardware window, right? I assume this is why no sound comes out of Gstudio. The Gstudio Help is -- well, obviously you know what that is.
    It\'s been 3 weeks configuring this new PC and my faith is eroded; I would like to believe that Gstudio is more substantial than UFOs.

Anyone out there know how to get Gstudio to wake up and smell the sound card?

Re: Wake up and smell the soundcard

Is your Mia chosen as your main card in multimedia/Windows?Or is it a multimedia card(ie:sounblaster or on board audio).If so make sure it is chosen(Mia).

I\'m sure I remember something with the Echo cards about going to the device manager for the card, and disabling Directsound and rebooting so that Giga will work.

Correct me if i\'m wrong but you used to have to do that with the Gina.

Bob

Uncheck direct sound and check multiclient under device manager.

Thank you all for your help.
    Yes, GSIF must be enabled, disabled multiclient, and also disabled all other windows sound clients in Device Manager.

I now suspect that GS 2.1 is the problem, and I need to upgrade to 2.2. I believe this miracle sampler must eventually really work for me too! Thanks again.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Avar:

I now suspect that GS 2.1 is the problem, and I need to upgrade to 2.2. I believe this miracle sampler must eventually really work for me too! Thanks again.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I

I installed a Mia about a month ago and it worked the first time. I seem to recal that during Mia installation it asks about GSIF or DirectSound. Have have the very latest version of GS.

Go Back to forum