• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Project Sam's upcoming libraries!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Project Sam's upcoming libraries!

Project SAM has posted new demos and information about True Strike 2 on their website, as well as a Flute and Piccolo Effects library. Check it out.

http://www.projectsam.com/index.html

Re: Project Sam's upcoming libraries!

I wondered when someone would start releasing an extensive woodwind FX library. I've got a (much smaller!) one I made for myself a few years ago and notated each sample so that I wouldn't have to go back and work out exactly how to get the same effect if i called in a player for the final score. Some of them were just simple directions to the player, some more traditionally notated, some aleatoric, but it does help.

I know its overkill for some of the really way-out stuff but I was just wondering if there were any similar plans here?. Or maybe its overkill?

That's a good news.

But why make the exclusives only available as download !

Quote Originally Posted by K-Slash
    That's a good news.

But why make the exclusives only available as download !
    The exclusives probably aren't expected to sell as many copies as their biggers software, such as True Strike 2, so Project SAM is saving $. If a composer really needs an instrument, he can just download it after he buys it.
    Sean Beeson
    www.seanbeeson.com
    Composer for videogames, film and television

I guess TS2 will finally force me to investigate other platforms than Giga 2.54 that I'm still using...

Can anyone give me an advice on this? I love the Giga "sample farm" concept, so the best for me would be to have a separate machine for multi-sample playback (FX-Teleported?).

BTW: I really dig how ProjectSAM is presenting its products! Very professional, and the "cinematic" term is certainly a good marketing idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    Out of curiosity, I wonder if people will be able to use multiple formats. I'd like to be able to use a Kontakt version in my PCs, but EXS-24 in my main rig. Will one license allow me to do that?

Lee Blaske
    Hey there Lee,

You can install our Multi-format libraries on as many slaves as you want, as long as you are the only one using them.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Best,

Maarten
    Creative Director
    ProjectSAM
    Cinematic Sampling
    www.projectsam.com

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRoos
    I guess TS2 will finally force me to investigate other platforms than Giga 2.54 that I'm still using...
    Hi Peter,

If Giga 2.54 is what you're used to, why not upgrade just one of your machines to Giga 3, leaving the others at 2.54 for now?

Cya next week!

Maarten
    Creative Director
    ProjectSAM
    Cinematic Sampling
    www.projectsam.com

any idea when prices will be posted?
    thanks
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRoos
    You are not far behind me... I just got around to updating GS from 2.54 to 3.0, and now I am kicking myself. It is significantly more stable, and feels more responsive. The only GS3 libraries I have are the ones that came with it, so I can't really speak to things like iMIDI or GigaPulse... yet.

One of the reasons I waited was because my Giga machine was running Win2K, and I wasn't wild about buying another WinXP license.

Now I'm glad I did!!!

I'd strongly recommend updating one machine, except that once you do you may end up updating them all!! Don't say you weren't warned<G>!

As far as the other samplers go, at the moment I am keeping the ones I use (virtual instruments really, GPO, JABB, and DFHs) on my main DAW because it is just easier to manage them that way.

I have thought about setting up a third machine for K2, but if I buy it I'll try it on the main DAW first.

Bill
    Bill Thompson
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF

This is great news! I've been waiting anxiously for True Strike 2. The EXS versions will be especially nice for me.

- Mike Greene

Go Back to forum