I recently posted a request for help concerning samples breakingup and the CPU meter in Giga spiking.
I'm happy to report that we found the cause of the problem and I thought others of you may want to be aware of this issue.
Turns out that the SATA drive that all the samples were on was having issues. Once I transfered the problem samples to another drive, everything worked as it should.
So you may want to add this to your list of Giga problems and how to correct them.
Also when talking to Giga support, I requested that they post a list of problems and how they were solved online. I have also sent this fix to Giga.