• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Creative Labs Audigy

Share/Bookmark

Creative Labs Audigy

Works great with GS, and if you\'re upgrading from a Live Platinum, the Live Drive plugs right in! 160 voices, no clicks or pops.

Re: Creative Labs Audigy

I\'ve been thinking about the Audigy, but I had heard the SBLive wouldn\'t work with Giga in XP/2000. Is the same true for the Audigy?

Giga doesn\'t work in XP/2000 yet anyway. When ver 2.5 comes out, I\'m sure it will support the Live and Audigy cards. I\'ll let you know, because as soon as 2.5 comes out, I\'m putting 2000 on my 98 computer.

Have you tested new Creative Labs Audigy with Gigastudio? is it GSIF compatible? what latency are you getting?

> When ver 2.5 comes out, I\'m sure it will support the Live and Audigy cards

Not so. Only GSIF cards.

I find the Live to be very problematic under Win2k (even with the new XP/2000 drivers). I can’t run the Mixer. More important, it’s no longer multi client, which is one of the Live’s best features under Win98.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill:

Not so. Only GSIF cards.

I find the Live to be very problematic under Win2k (even with the new XP/2000 drivers). I can’t run the Mixer. More important, it’s no longer multi client, which is one of the Live’s best features under Win98.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 ) What is multi-client??? I don\'t see any difference in Win2000 or Win98...

2 ) I\'ve got an Audigy, and no go. GS doesn\'t work with it in Win2000/XP . It works in 98, but my OS is really not stable at the moment.

3 ) I don\'t get any latency in Win98. :P

Archangel

[This message has been edited by Archangel (edited 11-13-2001).]

> What is multi-client???

Multi-Client means that more than one audio app can send output to the card at the same time. With the SBLive under Win98, you can set the number of simultaneous audio streams in the Live Control applet. There’s no such setting under Win2K; it’s fixed at 1.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill:
    > What is multi-client???

Multi-Client means that more than one audio app can send output to the card at the same time. With the SBLive under Win98, you can set the number of simultaneous audio streams in the Live Control applet. There’s no such setting under Win2K; it’s fixed at 1.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can\'t you change it into the registry?

Archangel

Not so. Only GSIF cards.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hi Bill...
    Do you remember me from the \"whats wrong with sound blaster\" thread? I\'m the guy who appologized for getting in your face about coming down hard on that guy...

I have been bugging Creative Labs daily for the past week asking if they plan on developing GSIF drivers. This is the latest answer I got from someone who came close to having an \"inkling\" of knowledge....

Your best source of information is going to be the software manufacturer of Gigastudio. See if they have had any other customers who are in need of a driver update and if that would solve the problem or if it is hardware related. At this time Creative does not (that I am aware of ) developing a driver that will fit your needs. If there are a significant number of Gigastudio\'s customers that need a driver update It would be best if they contact us directly.

Shelia
    Creative Labs Technical Support

It doesn\'t sound to good does it eh????

Talk to you later
    clavguy

Hey Clavguy,

Why don\'t you start a new thread anywhere you\'ll find Gst users, and tell them what you\'ve got here. Maybe you can persuade Creative to come to the party with enough emails.

The places I\'d post to are:
    1. All the NS forums (not just soundcard advice)
    2. The Yahoo Gst forum http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NemesysMusic/messages
    3.http://www.tascambbs.com/cgi-bin/ubb...=16&DaysPrune=
    4.http://www.soniccontrol.com/cgi-bin/...ultimatebb.cgi

Go Back to forum