• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Psycho film intro by Hannes Frischat

Share/Bookmark

Angry Psycho film intro

Hi,

here is the first mix of the intro/titles of a film music I am working on, see "Profile of fear": http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=47585

Story: An old hotel is shown in the dark. 25 years ago a crime happened there ... spooky, spooky ...

This is a first mix and in a few days I will probably revisit it for adding more noise and percussion. But now I have to get some more distance to it and would be thankful for some comments.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=4487083&q=hi

Have fun (or be scared, whatever)

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Re: Psycho film intro by Hannes Frischat

Wow that was interesting and delightfully complex in some parts! Nice work and amazing mixing! I like how you mixed the real strings with the samples!

Reminds me of certain Bernard Herrman string techniques. Which is a good thing!
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Yes, the Bernard Herrmann sound was a request by the director. But I probably would have written it like this anyway.

Hannes

Hannes,

What is happening with the link? I can not start the player, the page just flashes and that's it .

Aleksandar

PS My popup blocker. It's OK now!

What an interesting coincidence!!! I have been listening Bernard Herrmann’s music for a week or so. Can’t describe the fillings his music provokes.

Your work is excellent Hanes, I really liked it.

For those of you who would like to have it, here is Bernard Herrmann’s manuscript from the Vertigo Prelude:

http://www.library.ucsb.edu/speccoll/pa/pamss03.html

I find it interesting, and made a midi file based on this document.

Greetings,

Aleksandar

Aleksandar,

thank you for listening and your comment.

Speaking of the similarity Bernard Herrmanns music: I was on holiday when I received the message that I will do the score and read the script on my laptop. I tried to really get into the story for two days and catch its mood - and as I am a sensitive person this actually troubled me. But without that it will not come out true ... Then I wrote down the first two themes that came into my mind spontaneously (one is used in the above piece, the other will come in the film).

Back home I checked with records of Hermanns works and noticed quite some similarity . But it is very important for me that I created this music from my own, maybe following similar lines of thought and feeling ... and not just imitating. A copy will always be a copy, an original is an original.

I am not sure this makes sense to anybody, but it is as it is .

Hannes

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes_F
    ... as I am a sensitive person this actually troubled me. But without that it will not come out true ... Then I wrote down the first two themes that came into my mind spontaneously.

A copy will always be a copy, an original is an original.

I am not sure this makes sense to anybody, but it is as it is .
    Hannes
    Yes Hannes, I can understand you completely for I think the same way.

You posted your material at the public at this time, while the film is in the process of making. Is that allowed?

Aleksandar

Alexandar,

this is a good question. By my contract I grant the performance rights to the contractor, but I did not sell them exclusively. So I can basically do with the music what I want - soundtrack release, demo, whatever, and also I can promote the film of course.

Nevertheless I do not want mp3 files waver around the internet so I choose soundclick to discuss it with my composer colleagues for doing a better job. Any request by the film makers and the files will be gone, of course.

Hannes

You always bring in the goods, Hannes.

The rendering in this impressive.

But aside from that, you know how my interests are,
    my friend. It is the writing that intrigues me the most.

I know this is largely "soundscaping"; but there are
    likewise some brilliant strokes in the compositional
    elements... so much unlike other work of yours I have
    heard; but so strongly inviting, leading, and intriguing!

Not to go too far afield from your intentions with this
    work specifically; but I hope you will incorporate these
    powerfully expressive idioms into more formal works,
    as well...

Always my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Dear David,

now this is a comment that makes me feel I am understood. Thank you.

As a composer I am still in a learning curve and much of what I do is exercise. Excercise not necessarily in a technical sense - but in an emotional fathoming of what I can write, could write, should write ... and I find there is much more possible than I ever knew, and I hope even more will come. If film scoring helps me for the evolution of stronger writing - then I am thankful for the challenge.

I can only repeat how happy I am to be a member of this forum, and that developers like Gary Garritan have opened a door for making this possible.

And: The focus on composition in this community was it that made me decide for GPO in the first place. And I am happy about it. I knew before that there are different opinions about many things but this was what made me find a home here. Thank you all.

Hannes

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast