• Register
  • Help

Topic: Emulator X2: stretch sample while pitch bending?

Share/Bookmark

Emulator X2: stretch sample while pitch bending?

Howdy,

I was just looking at the Emulator X2 which advertises "Patented Pitch Interpolation" (which, I must assume, is different and way better than the unpatented kind); does anyone know if the X2 will allow, for example, your vibrato speed to remain constant when pitch bending a sample with embedded vibrato? Also, if the X2 will not, does anyone know of a sampler which will do this?

Thanks

Re: Emulator X2: stretch sample while pitch bending?

Maybe the Celemony Melodyne or Uno will do this....worth a look?

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    Maybe the Celemony Melodyne or Uno will do this....worth a look?

Frank
    Thanks, but it has to be realtime; I'm doing some live stuff and using pitchbend for slurs, vibrato, etc, and samples sound too unnatural.

One of the old (PC???) Kurzweil keyboards would do this but I have not seen it in the current crop of samplers. I just shot a note to Kurzweil to see if they they retained this feature in any of the current stuff. I would be glad to post the results, if any, should anyone be interested.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    What would the Kurzweil keyboards do? I wasn't aware that they had any special technology. The only thing I recall was the pitch bend wheel that would only affect notes which were held down (so you could use the sustain pedal to hold a chord, and then lift every finger with the exception of the note you wanted to bend).

Lee Blaske
    You're memory seems to be better than mine; I *thought* that it stretched (time expanded) the sample with pitchbend, but the memory was from ~15 years ago and is probably false. I can -almost- do this with a Fantom (but it only works with rhythmic samples... sigh) by mapping pitchbend to both pitch and time expansion... oh well, guess I'll work on the synth patches a bit more.

thanks, Tarvini

Go Back to forum