So I'm converting my Westgate Winds Giga3 programs in K2 and the expression control, cc#11 is not there. I'm looking to see how to enable it and can't find any routing choices except the Volume in the amplifier section.
Also, the dynamic switching via Mod Wheel, cc#1 is also not there. Can't find out how to set that up either. The manual has not been helpful. These patches work great in Giga3, but I'd like to do it in K2.
I suppose this is the old WW library, which I don't own, but if there are any envelopes modulating the Amplifier (most notably Sustain groups, but maybe also others) you should take a look at how these envelopes themselves are being modulated.
Mr. A, it sounds like the Giga > Kontakt conversion missed those points.
There is a way to re-create them if you want to do it manually. But unfortunately you would have to do it for every patch in the library.
To add CC#11, here are the steps:
1. Load instrument.
2. Enter Instrument Edit mode.
3. Click Group Editor, make sure EDIT ALL GROUPS is ON.
4. Scroll down to the Amplifier module.
5. In the lower left corner of the Amplifier module, click the Modulation button.
6. Click Add Modulator > External Sources > MIDI CC.
7. A new modulator appears. You will want to change the first digit to 11 and the second to 100. (11 is the MIDI CC, and 100 is the default position, on a scale of 0-100, for this to default to when the instrument is first loaded.)
It's a bear to do this to an entire library. If you wanted, a somewhat easier way might be to write a script that ties CC#11 to instrument volume (should be very simple to write), then simply paste that script into the Script Editor. You'd still have to paste it into every single instrument. But it is a lot less clicking.