• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giovani LE Press Release 2006

Thumbs up Giovani LE Press Release 2006

Bela D Media will be releasing special lite versions of the Giovani Edition Children’s Choir.
    Scheduled release date by the end of the fall season, 2006.

The initial release will be Native Instruments Kontakt.

To follow, GigaStudio/GS3 users can expect ether a GigaStudio/GS3 release or a custom Tascam GVI version.
    We are working closely with Tascam and will continue to support the format with current and future products.

Giovani LE Boychoir comparison chart

Giovani LE Girlchoir comparison chart

A custom Giovani VCU patch along with the fully functional Vocal Control utility software will be available for download after registration.
    This patch will allow Giovani LE users to tap into the power of VCU for the purpose of auditioning.

Upgrading to the full version of The Giovani Edition
    All LE users may take advantage of a 100% return in their investment.
    The cost of each LE version purchased (minus shipping) will be deducted from the MSRP of the full version price.

More details, including MSRP, will be announced when released.

Thank you,
    Bela D Media.com
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Re: Giovani LE Press Release 2006

Very cool...and high up on my 'purchase list'. Very much looking forward to this...

You know, there are very few high quality, 'light' choral products in this price range. If there are any other. I think your product will fit into a very useful niche...

Good luck and I hope it's a great success!

Yay! I can't wait.

And thanks for the upgrade path. I know I'll be getting the Girls LE and if it fits the gap I'm looking for then I'll feel better about shelling out for the full Giovani
    JP Garbarini

"A man who is paid to do what he enjoys never works a day in his life." -- Chinese Proverb

Thank you for the vote of confidence Gentlemen. The Giovani LE series will be our very first “lite version” release.

It is important to note that the LE versions are in many ways no different then the full. There is no sample bit rate reduction or stretched zones, etc.

We believe we have found the proper balance of usefulness vs. affordability vs. upgrade path vs. the need or want to upgrade.

Of course, we’ll know soon enough if we will succeed with the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media
    We believe we have found the proper balance of usefulness vs. affordability vs. upgrade path vs. the need or want to upgrade.

Of course, we’ll know soon enough if we will succeed with the concept.
    Why don't more soundware producers use this strategy? I simply don't understand...

In some sense, GPO demonstrates the viability of a LE concept...even if the 'light edition', in this case, preceeded the full/advanced edition.

Just look at a recent group buy of EW/SC...the price was wonderful, but I wasn't eager or willing to buy such a bloated piece of vocal-ware. (which isn't a knock...just a preference for something smaller/easer/cheaper).

Orchestral sounds lend themselves to being 'cut down' from a full sized product...I'm grateful for Bela and their forward seeking strategy.

Thank you again for the kind words. By the same token, we sincerely believe the full version is priced appropriately. Giovani is the first to ever offer ensemble and chamber voices. The first sampled Girlchoir as well. It truly is four choirs in one package. Not to mention Legato and Vocal control software, near and far mics, etc.

However, the LE approach is a great way to welcome more and more users to our products.

I'd like to buy the full Giovani, but I bought EWSC, so adding just the girls choir would be a great value.

btw, the LE version cannot sing words, is that correct?

Vocal Control patches are not included in the LE versions.

Vocal Control Accompanying the Giovani Edition, Bela D Media is proud to introduce Vocal Control, a unique and proprietary software utility, custom designed to enable composers to build and play sentence-like phrases both quickly and intuitively. With Vocal Control, the construction and performance of melodies and chordal accompaniments consisting of complex words and phrases is literally only a few mouse clicks away. Vocal Control frees Giovani owners to combine complete or partial words from a pool of authentic Latin vocal performances, as well as a series of custom moving vowel performances. A word or phrase entered into Vocal Control may consist of as many as 64 unique elements or as few as a one or two syllables. Once a word or phrase is inputted into a Vocal Control phrase group, it can be played in real time with zero latency in virtually any tempo, any key and any melody.

The utility provides up to four ‘phrases’ simultaneously, with the option to link, cycle and switch between phrases as desired. Easily accessible, dedicated ‘Hot Keys’ are assigned to the real time control of features such as phrase selection, phrase cycling, word element lock and legato styles, allowing users a wide range of ‘live’ performance options. The results of this interaction between the performer and Vocal Control can be recorded directly into any local or remote sequencer for instantaneous playback. Bela D Media is certain that Giovani owners will find Vocal Control a deceptively addictive addition to their arsenal of sample library tools.

Hmmmm, a diminitive version of a childrens choir ... very interesting.

Go Back to forum