Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: lovest latency,.. what card

Share/Bookmark

lovest latency,.. what card

What card is performing best latency-wise
    without clicks and pops ?

-HM

Re: lovest latency,.. what card

the RME Hammerfall (www.rme-audio.de) is probably one fo the best regarding latency (if not _the_ best). But it doesn\'t have analog outputs (only ADAT and SPDIF) - you\'ll need a DA-converter.

Have a look at their new Hammerfall DSP system. It is an amazing concept: it has an external I/O-box (with even MIDI): \"Digiface\" or \"Multiface\" and can be connected to either a desktop computer (with a PCI card) or a notebook (PCMCIA card).

PCI Interface: 255 Euro
    CardBus Interface (Mobile Kit): 310 Euro
    Multiface: 715 Euro
    Digiface: 562 Euro
    Multiface + PCI Interface: 970 Euro
    Multiface + CardBus Interface: 1025 Euro
    Digiface + PCI Interface: 817 Euro
    Digiface + CardBus Interface: 872 Euro

9632, hammerfall \"light\" seem´s wery fit
    for giga, 16 out in total, and cheap AEB
    8 ch output board so no need to pay for
    input, sampling can be done from main
    DAW, networked anyway,..

Wonder how powerfull the cpu must be to
    achieve 3 mS Solid :-) (got 950 btw)

Thanks

HM

the Hammerfall 9632 is good for sure, but considering that you can buy the Digiface+PCI-Card for under 650 USD (here in Germany), you get much more for your money IMHO. Have you already checked out the DSPs great mixing/routing features? This is something the \"old\" Hammerfall do not offer.
    The reviewer in German KEYBOARDS magazine called it \"simply the best digital audio hardware availbale\". He\'s probably right.

Latency depends on the complexity of your setup/arrangement. the more softsynths/effects-plugins you use, the bigger is the latency that you have to choose (in the driver settings) to get _no_ clicks and pops etc.

I have sure been hearing a lot about these Hammerfall cards. I understand that they have converters that some are comparing to Apogee. I am intersted in possibly checking into getting one of these cards for myself but it seems that they don\'t have analog inputs or outputs. Being that I don\'t have a digital mixer or Adat interface, what would be the right solution for me and how much grief will it cause to my wallet? Also, is anyone using this card with Sonar? Does this super low latency work well with effects automation and DXi? Peace.

see their site:
    http://www.rme-audio.com/english/main_e.htm

Cheap AEB extensions available !

-HM

<<but it seems that they don\'t have analog inputs or outputs>>

the \"classic\" Hammerfall only have digital I/O, but - as HM already mentioned - you can buy the AEB expansions.
    These expansion cards won\'t work with the new Hammerfall DSP system!!! But you could consider buying the multiface I/O Box which has 8 analog I/O, one ADAT I/O and one SPDIF (plus MIDI).

Thanks for the replies.
    I think that I\'ll stick with my Delta 1010. This card is really clean. I get pissed of sometimes at the way they update their drivers. I have finally found one that works with no problems and I will stick with this driver until hell freezes over. Latency can get down to 3 ms with the Delta 1010 along with the right WDM drivers. This enables real time effects automation, and Dxi instruments if that is your thing.
    I think I\'ll spend the money I\'ve saved on some better monitors. Peace.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NAZARU:
    Thanks for the replies.
    I think that I\'ll stick with my Delta 1010. This card is really clean. I get pissed of sometimes at the way they update their drivers. I have finally found one that works with no problems and I will stick with this driver until hell freezes over. Latency can get down to 3 ms with the Delta 1010 along with the right WDM drivers. This enables real time effects automation, and Dxi instruments if that is your thing.
    I think I\'ll spend the money I\'ve saved on some better monitors. Peace.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go Back to forum