• Register
  • Help

Topic: string sections that play like Strad/Gofriller?

Share/Bookmark

Question string sections that play like Strad/Gofriller?

What are the chances of getting kontakt based string sections that play like Gofriller and Stradivarius? I could REALLY use the Portamento and Vibrato controls.

Or maybe it has been done and I don't know about it. I bought garritan strings back before Personal Orchestra but haven't used it since GPO.

I had the akai version imported into Halion on a Mac so it was very limited (no maestro tools).

Ideas?

Jmp

Re: string sections that play like Strad/Gofriller?

John,

The chances are very good. I'll contact you privately about this.

Gary Garritan

Smile Re: string sections that play like Strad/Gofriller?

Howdy, Gary!

I'd be interested in this too. Thank you so much for all you do!

cheers,
    James G. Eakin III
    Composer-In-Residence,
    Turtle Creek Chorale
    Assistant Director-Film Scoring program,
    Aspen Music Festival & School
    www.jameseakin.com

Same here. I own a wonderful brass library, woodwind library, percussion library but for some reason, that perfect string library still eludes me.

Each library out there (Kirk Hunter, VSL, EWQL, GPO, Halion,etc) has its ups and downs but so far I haven't seen one that gives me that "Holy #%@^ that sounds perfect".

As a comparison, I used to be really upset with the quality of my french horn and trumpet patches. I had some really good ones but just couldn't get that awsome brass sound and the sweet melodic brass sound out of a library. Then I got ProjectSAM Brass and... well if you've ever heard the SAM Horns and Trumpets, you understand

If Garritan took their ideas and methods behind the Solo Stradivari (and upcoming Cello/Viola/Bass) and applied it to a string section, I'd have the same reaction I had with ProjectSAM Brass, as I think we'd all have. A single patch string section with dynamics, real-time articulation, controled vibrato rate, etc... I'm already drueling hehe
    JP Garbarini
    http://www.musicbyjpg.com

"A man who is paid to do what he enjoys never works a day in his life." -- Chinese Proverb

yes, this would be something that I'd be interested in too. Fully customizable strings sections... sounds like it would be amazing!
    Steph

Quote Originally Posted by JPGarbarini
    If Garritan took their ideas and methods behind the Solo Stradivari (and upcoming Cello/Viola/Bass)
    A second solo violin beside the stradivarius would also be great to have a full string quartet (violin1, violin2, viola and cello). Is it something that could happen ?

Thanks
    Pierre Laroche

From CakewalkNet:

Garritan also indicated plans to release additional stringed instruments based on the same technology as used in GSSV. Next up will be a cello, which should be available in a month or two. A viola and a double bass will follow, as well as a Guarneri del Jesu violin.
    Would be very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    yes, this would be something that I'd be interested in too. Fully customizable strings sections... sounds like it would be amazing!
    Steph
    Add to that a fully sampled instrument range and fully customizable glissandi between any 2 notes (which could be octaves apart)... *dreams* I'd be another customer...
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Go Back to forum