• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Topic: Any Vocal Libraries Working on Mac Intel?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Any Vocal Libraries Working on Mac Intel?

    Choral groups, boys choirs, I don't care...I have no voices at all...not even the modest ones in Atmosphere. Such is leading life on the bleeding edge.

    I have two Macs, and Pro and a Mini, and can't use half of my sounds because no one seems ready (well Vienna works anyway).

    Any ideas for voices?

    Thanks
    Tom
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

  2. #2

    Re: Any Vocal Libraries Working on Mac Intel?

    Symphony of Voices? AKAI format converted to EXS works a treat. That's assuming you're a Logic user of course....

  3. #3

    Re: Any Vocal Libraries Working on Mac Intel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Harvey
    Symphony of Voices? AKAI format converted to EXS works a treat. That's assuming you're a Logic user of course....
    No, Pro Tools on one Mac and the other Plogue to run plugs...

    Why did some companies see this coming (VSL, Digidesign, McDSP, Waves) and so many others fall asleep?

    TH
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

  4. #4

    Re: Any Vocal Libraries Working on Mac Intel?

    Quote Originally Posted by tomhartman
    Why did some companies see this coming (VSL, Digidesign, McDSP, Waves) and so many others fall asleep?
    No one saw it coming (except Apple/Emagic of course). It was a surprise to everyone else. It really has nothing to do with anyone being asleep or not.

    It's simply that some software is much more "port-able" than others, because of the way they are written. The older the code is, generally the harder it is to update or rewrite. Older code can take a long time to port and often it has to be rewritten completely from the ground up.

    Generally, newer things are written to be much more "universal" and cross-platform compatible for future platforms, etc. VSL's stuff came out after the Macintel announcement, so obviously Macintel was written into the design early in the development process....so it wasn't too hard for them.

    It was a big deal for Digidesign, but of course they have massive resources to put into a project like that too.

    Back to the original question:

    So I guess EXS24 is the only softsampler available on Macintel now, huh?

    That really does limit it as far as music-making goes...unless you are a Logic user.

    Obviously, SOV and VP will work fine on any of the supported samplers for Macintel. I imagine that either Kontakt or HALion will be available next.

  5. #5

    Re: Any Vocal Libraries Working on Mac Intel?

    Quote Originally Posted by tomhartman
    No, Pro Tools on one Mac and the other Plogue to run plugs...

    Why did some companies see this coming (VSL, Digidesign, McDSP, Waves) and so many others fall asleep?

    TH
    What I don't quite understand is why you would switch your entire system over to Mac Intel, without first checking if all your crucial plug-ins/sounds were available for the new platform...and then you accuse companies of "being asleep". Seems to me like you were asleep when you failed to do your most basic homework.

    Sorry, I really don't mean to be rude, but this is like your 4th post about this...

    matto

  6. #6

    Re: Any Vocal Libraries Working on Mac Intel?

    Quote Originally Posted by matto
    What I don't quite understand is why you would switch your entire system over to Mac Intel, without first checking if all your crucial plug-ins/sounds were available for the new platform...and then you accuse companies of "being asleep". Seems to me like you were asleep when you failed to do your most basic homework.

    Sorry, I really don't mean to be rude, but this is like your 4th post about this...

    matto
    My "crucial" plug ins do work, they were ready.

    FYI, there were financial reasons why I had to make the move to a new system now, or wait a long, long time. Since my choice was going back to Digidesign after short affairs with Logic and Nuendo, it made no sense to invest in the older and less powerful PCI Digi cards, and the PCIe cards didn't work in my G5. Also made no sense to buy
    a "new" G5 as they are dead. So that meant Intel.

    Thanks for keeping track of the number of posts I've made though, every forum needs a watchdog and it's good to know you're on the case.

    TH
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •