• Register
  • Help

Topic: Haydn does a couple more Beatles (JABB Drums)

Share/Bookmark

Haydn does a couple more Beatles (JABB Drums)

Here's another couple Beatle songs to keep the wife happy. The first is And Your Bird Can Sing: http://members.cox.net/teresaortner/...irdCanSing.mp3

Drums are JABB and all other instruments are live. The drums are interesting in this piece as Ringo double tracked them. He played a basic beat on the left channel and then overdubbed high-hat and crash cymbal on the right track.

The other song is For No One: http://members.cox.net/teresaortner/ForNoOne.mp3

French Horn is from GPO. Drums and piano are from JABB. The harpsichord sounding instrument is one of the included harpsichords in Kontakt 2. All other instruments are live.

Re: Haydn does a couple more Beatles (JABB Drums)

Great job on these still again, Jim.

Some of these pieces I haven't listened to
    in years... which is a real shame because
    I both love and admire them.

Thanks for bringing them around again --
    and for more than doing them justice.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thumbs up Re: Haydn does a couple more Beatles (JABB Drums)

Very well done...the mix is well done also. The Beatles are my fav's. How about some more posts, maybe something more Orchestral like "Eleonor Rigby" or "I am the walrus"

Re: Haydn does a couple more Beatles (JABB Drums)

I was thinking about doing a newer version of Eleanor Rigby with the solo strad and cello but I may wait until the viola and the other solo violin are ready. I did a version of this song with an E-MU Proteus 2 years ago so I already have a basic MIDI sequence for it.

I Am the Walrus would be a tricky one to do especially the weird sound effects in the background but who knows, maybe I'll give it a try one of these days.

I'm working on a couple more Chicago and Blood, Sweat and Tears pieces. Which should be done in the next month.

Jim

Go Back to forum