Time has finally come, I'm going to buy new PC. I've already spent a week or so browsing different places, but still need advice from you maestros.
I am going to use Sonar 5 (a bit later Sonar 6) along with Kontakt and some VSTi's. Also I'm going to use Gigastudio on my old PC, controlling it from SONAR. Mixing and mastering will be done on this new machine too.
Here's what I found suitable:
1. Win XP Pro SP1 (I've heard about many problems other people have with SP2) - computer WON'T be connected to the Internet.
2. Processor. Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13 Ghz
3. Motherboard ASUS P5WD2-E Premium OR ASUS P5WDG2-WS (which is better?)
4. Memory 2X1GB 800Mhz DDR2 OR DDR2 1 GHz (question is, which memory will be significantly better costwise)
5. HDD 250 GB EIDE, partition 40GB system 210 GB storage
6. HDD 2x250 GB WDC, SATA II, 16 MB buffer, RAID 0 Array - for samples
7. HDD 250 GB (EIDE or SATA II, not sure? need advice on model) for Audio
8. Video - I just want to connect to 19" LCD Monitors, so I thought about ATI Radeon x300 128MB PCIe or nVidia GeForce 6600 GS 256 MB PCIe
9. Power - Antec True Power 550
10. Cooling - Zalman or ADK
I'd appreciate your advice guys, big thanks in advance!