• Register
  • Help

Topic: SB Live and DSP station inputs

Share/Bookmark

SB Live and DSP station inputs

I know that the OUTPUT of SB Live is limited to 1 and 2, but what about the inputs you see in the DSP section. The help file shows a screen shot of 16 channels (of input) and doesn\'t mention any limitations as far as DirectSound cards like the SB Live. I\'m only seeing 2 channels here. Is this right, or is anyone else out there using an SB Live and seeing all 16 channles of input?

[This message has been edited by timzydee (edited 11-14-2001).]

Re: SB Live and DSP station inputs

Please, read the manual first ( I assume
    you have it?)

With DirecSound Drivers ( such as SBLive)
    you only have two inputs, not 16 in DSP mixer!

You need to purchase another soundcard with
    Giga compatible (GSIF) drivers, as I did ( I got Delta Dio2496).

But, hey, there are nowdays many inexpensive
    audiocards; Audiophile, Audirtrak Maya (20bit only),Hoontech DSPValue, Echo Mia etc.with
    proper GSIF drivers!

I just upgraded from Giga LE to GigaStudio 96, so unfortunately no manual, just the online help flies. Thanks for the reply anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by timzydee:
    I know that the OUTPUT of SB Live is limited to 1 and 2, but what about the inputs you see in the DSP section. The help file shows a screen shot of 16 channels (of input) and doesn\'t mention any limitations as far as DirectSound cards like the SB Live. I\'m only seeing 2 channels here. Is this right, or is anyone else out there using an SB Live and seeing all 16 channles of input?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do you use DSP stations???? Use the Sound Blaster hardware reverbs, and EAX effects. They are superior to that software DSP built-in. That way , you\'re not restricted :P

Archangel

The problem with using the SB reverb is that it wouldn\'t be recorded when I mix down. Also, I need individual control over each of the sixteen channels. SB would just give me one global reverb. Unless I\'m wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by timzydee:
    The problem with using the SB reverb is that it wouldn\'t be recorded when I mix down. Also, I need individual control over each of the sixteen channels. SB would just give me one global reverb. Unless I\'m wrong.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can control reverb through your sequencer I think....no?
    It can be recorded while you mix down. Just select \"What u hear\" as recording source in the recording mixer.

Regards,

Archangel

Go Back to forum