• Register
  • Help

Topic: Note releases...

Note releases...

I had the chance to play around a bit with the Strad, but i encountered something i found quite odd:

Is there any way to have the currently played string not stop so suddenly upon note off? I'm talking about the effect you get when you are doing a full bow move, and while moving release the bow from the string, so the string continues sounding (especially noticable on plain strings with no finger on them). I feel that this is missing here, thus make the strad sound a bit mechanic to me.

Also, this effect would be required whenever the bow would change from one string to the other, leaving the first note still swinging while the second note is already being played.

Is there a way to do this? I've tried fiddling with the CCs, but nothing seems to have a "smooth" note release, they all (more or less) just stop like a synth.

(i hope i could make myself clear)

Re: Note releases...

Please refer to the manual, pages 28-29, chapter: THE BOW BOUNCING OFF THE STRINGS.

There you'll find how to get the effect you're looking for.

If you need further explanation, please email me -> giorgio.tommasini@tin.it

Go Back to forum