• Register
  • Help

Topic: glass filled with water samples

Share/Bookmark

glass filled with water samples

anyone know of any samples out there of someone rubbing the tops of glass cups with water in them? (is there a name for this).
    this could be easily recorded but i have no time and no glasses and no "get good tone outta rubbing rims of glasses" skillz
    thanks

Re: glass filled with water samples

This "wine glass/glass harmonica" sound is in Atmosphere.

G Town Sounds has a free one here. (It's called a "fake glass harmonica" but I've gotten a bit of use out if it.)

http://hosted.filefront.com/gtownsounds

Also, if you're interested, check out William Zeitler's website; http://glassarmonica.com/. I've been listening to a couple of his CDs and they're very enjoyable ("Music of the Spheres" is my favorite).
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

I have the VSL set, which are fantastic, but there's also a very nice sounding set on the Best of Bolder disc, from Bolder Sounds.

This is nuts... how can anyone possibly resist the fun of raiding the kitchen and recording it yourself?

There was this one time when a convention staff made the mistake of using crystal water glasses for a very musically-inclined crowd...

We had a few waltzes for water glasses and concertos for chalices by the time it was all over.

i used one of the patches in atmosphere. worked great for this project. so funny it seems to never fail that i have the triple threat open in almost every project (stylus, atmosphere, trilogy) so good! i wonder if something is new coming out from eric and the boyz.

Hello. Could someone possibly post an audio example of what the patches of this instrument in Atmosphere sound like? I have yet to purchase this VST. I would very much appreciate to hear it.

Go Back to forum