• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio .gsp nightmare - HELP!

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio .gsp nightmare - HELP!

I recently upgraded to Giga 3.0 Orchestra from 2.5. I also but a new computer and I am having trouble opening old .gsp files. I was told that the path for instruments has to be exactly the same as when the file was created in order to open .gsp files, however, the drive letters are now different on my new machine and I would prefer not having to change them. Also, even when I did experiment with changing them I still had difficulty opening .gsp files.

I desperately need those .gsp files! I have been opening them as raw text files in an attempt to reconstruct them, but this is VERY cumbersome and time consuming. Can anyone suggest a solution that I may not be aware of?

Thanks,
    Mike

Re: Gigastudio .gsp nightmare - HELP!

Generate a virtual drive connected with the directory of your old drive.
    I allways use a drive called S:, which ponts to the loaction of the libs, so it is completely free, were the original samples are.
    And I can use this architecture on my PCs, Laptops & so on...

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

This suggestion is a bit over my head...I don't really understand "virtual drives". Also, if my old drive letter was D: and that is in use for a current drive on my new computer, I couldn't create a virtual drive called "D:" anyway, right?

Here's the deal, my old drive letters for samples were D: and E: - the new letters are E: and F:, respectively. Could I somehow create a drive that the computer would recognize as "D:" which is really "E:"?

Yours in confusion,
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Ash
    This suggestion is a bit over my head...I don't really understand "virtual drives". Also, if my old drive letter was D: and that is in use for a current drive on my new computer, I couldn't create a virtual drive called "D:" anyway, right?

Here's the deal, my old drive letters for samples were D: and E: - the new letters are E: and F:, respectively. Could I somehow create a drive that the computer would recognize as "D:" which is really "E:"?

Yours in confusion,
    Ian

I'll answer via private message soon.

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Go Back to forum