• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GVI and no support for dualcore/multiprocessor

Share/Bookmark

GVI and no support for dualcore/multiprocessor

Just read the Release Notes for GVI and was quite shocked.

Especially about 2 things which are not supported.

1.) 64 bit Cpu's

2.) Dualcore/Multiprocessor-> if you want to run multiple instances in Cubase/Nuendo.

You have to uncheck the little box "Multiprocessing" in Cubase/Nuendo.

What a bummer. I'll wait till this is sorted out.
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

Re: GVI and no support for dualcore/multiprocessor

Are you running Sonar or Cubase/Nuendo? Because Sonar doesn't have a problem with dual processors & GVI and Cubase/Nuendo isn't 64 bit yet.

- G

Quote Originally Posted by Gamera
    Are you running Sonar or Cubase/Nuendo? Because Sonar doesn't have a problem with dual processors & GVI and Cubase/Nuendo isn't 64 bit yet.

- G
    Hi Gamera,

I use Cubase SX 2. But thats not the point. I dont have GVI yet but I read the Release Notes, and there are these points stated.

Here is the link: http://tascamgiga.com/pdf/GVI_Release_Notes_3.50.pdf

When a patch is released where at least support for dualcore/multiprocessor is properly implemented I will upgrade.
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

To clarify: is the limitation with 64-bit CPUs or the 64-bit OS?

And... if 64-bit CPUs aren't supported, does this mean it doesn't work on 64-bit CPUs, or they just haven't tested on them yet.

I'll be really surprised if it doesn't work on 64-bit CPUs. AMD has been selling them for years. Almost everything sold these days has a 64-bit CPU.

What's the specific wording?

-JF

OMG

Let down again

I'm resilient, but I can only bend over backwards so far...

Disable a proc? Everyone else seems to have gotten this by now.

Shouldn't there be a major disclaimer clearly displayed when you release a VST which will not work properly with most modern setups?

Quote Originally Posted by Przemek K.
    Just read the Release Notes for GVI and was quite shocked.

Especially about 2 things which are not supported.

1.) 64 bit Cpu's

2.) Dualcore/Multiprocessor-> if you want to run multiple instances in Cubase/Nuendo.

You have to uncheck the little box "Multiprocessing" in Cubase/Nuendo.

What a bummer. I'll wait till this is sorted out.
    Hi Przemek,

Can you post a link to the release notes? I didn't see them. I just ordered my upgrade...<sigh> I have a dual processor AMD X2 4400+...

Thanks,

Jim
    RealSax.com "When you need real sax in your tracks."
    http://www.realsax.com

The statement is: "GVI is not currently compatible with Windows Xp 64 / 64-bit CPUs."

Well, that could be worded better. That probably means that it wont run on the 64-bit OS when on 64-bit CPUs. (The 64-bit OS also has a 32-bit mode - I think.)

A pessimist would read that GVI is incompatible with 64-bit CPUs on XP, but I really doubt that's the case. All of the new processors are 64-bits these days, but Windows XP sees them as 32-bit compatible.

Regarding dual core, it looks like you can run on Dual Core with everything except Cubase, Nuendo and Pro Tools - and it's fine on those three apps, as long as you only run one instance.

Assuming that it runs okay on 64-bit CPUs on Windows XP, the known issues aren't too bad. (Then again, I don't run Cubase, Nuendo or Pro Tools.) Hopefully they'll work out those incompatibilities shortly...

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    The statement is: "GVI is not currently compatible with Windows Xp 64 / 64-bit CPUs."

Well, that could be worded better. That probably means that it wont run on the 64-bit OS when on 64-bit CPUs. (The 64-bit OS also has a 32-bit mode - I think.)
    If I hadn't known that the Gigastudio guys were based in Texas, the same home state as a certain less-than-well-spoken politician who now rules the world, I'd have had to take that statement at face value. As it stands we do not know what they mean. Honestly, I'm used to it after Martian calendar release dates for GS3 and GVI were announced to us Earthlings and Zimbabwean dollar upgrade costs for GVI were quoted to us Americans.

For God's sake, SAY WHAT YOU MEAN TASCAM!

...and warn us when we have to hobble or completely discard our working machines to accommodate your application before we buy it.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH

My wife, who runs a preschool out of our house could run that business better.

Really.

ahh the wonderful world of tascam new product no changes.
    hopefully GVI will actually play nice on the same daw as your sequencer.
    that would be a welcome change.

Scott
    ADK

Go Back to forum