• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help me to choose!!!

Share/Bookmark

Help me to choose!!!

Who can help me to choose between RME Hammerfall 9652 and MOTU 2408mkII?
    Which of them is better for work with programm.synth, samplers and audio?
    Thanks.
    Sergei

Re: Help me to choose!!!

Hi Sergei,

You don\'t give any information so it\'s impossible to answer your question without saying, \"It depends?\"

I\'ll give a gross recommendation, by that I mean this greatly simplifies a complex situation. My suggestion is based on one simple variable, \"Do you prefers Windows or Mac?\"

I don\'t know much about MOTU, but from what I\'ve heard they don\'t support the Windows platform very well. If you\'re on a Mac the 2408 could be the way to go. If you\'re on a PC it wouldn\'t be my first choice.

I have a RME card (DIG96/8 PST, not the Hammerfall) and it works very well on my Windows system. I built a system to specs on RME\'s web site for a reference system and it works very well. Be aware that the Hammerfall requires either the expansion card or external converters. It doesn\'t have any by itself.

Cheers,

Steve www.mp3.com/stevechandler
    aka Ettienne www.mp3.com/ettienne

Re: Help me to choose!!!

Hammerfall is getting rave reviews from most people I know that use it. It all of depends on what kind of outputs and how many you want. For a whole lot of ADAT lightpipe outputs, that\'s the card to get.
    Dave

Go Back to forum