• Register
  • Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Topic: This is the thread where we post our own NOTION compositions.

Share/Bookmark

Re: This is the thread where we post our own NOTION compositions.

Hi PoA, welcome to the Notion forum. Thanks for sharing some of your music. I really liked the oboe line, the accompaniment, and how you built the piece to a climax. A nice key change at 4:00 as well.

I recently finished some cartoon music, that I am happy to share:

http://www.terminus1525.ca/node/46924
    The Wild Goose Chase

John

Quote Originally Posted by John2
    Hi PoA, welcome to the Notion forum. Thanks for sharing some of your music. I really liked the oboe line, the accompaniment, and how you built the piece to a climax. A nice key change at 4:00 as well.

I recently finished some cartoon music, that I am happy to share:

http://www.terminus1525.ca/node/46924
    The Wild Goose Chase

John
    Hi there John!

Thank you very much for your friendly words about Stroemstaren.

I really liked your piece "The Wild Goose Chase"!!
    You know I'm just a glad amateur and not educated in any way. When I hear your piece it reminds me a little bit of "Firebird" by Stravinskij, a CD that I have played over and over again (the shorter Orchestra version I think it's called).

Maybe (because i do not know so much about orchestral music) such a comparison may sound stupid but, there you are: "Firedbid" was the first that came to my mind.

All the best!!

PoA

Hello,

I would like to post my contest entry. Do I have to have a website first to link to? Or is there a way to post directly to the forum from my hard drive?

I am very happy to hear the wonderful music you have posted! I got Notion because of the contest and a discount they offered at the time. I am an amateur. So I hope to hear and learn more from all of you.

thanks

John OLoughlin

I don't think there's a way to store the file on the forum, but maybe you could use MediaFire or RapidShare to host it for us to download.

Jason,

Many thanks for the advice. I learned how to do what you suggested--about 3 hrs of general reading and downloading and $10.00 to buy a wav-mp3 converter. Then uploaded to mediafire (free!)
    Here is my contest entry in mp3. it is about 7 mins long and has 4 movements. It took me about 90 seconds to download once I posted it. I hope it gives pleasure,

http://www.mediafire.com/?21h4gy1tmtn

Granuaille's Dream
    1. London
    2. Melancholy
    3. Homeward Voyage
    4. Spanish Dance

Thanks again,

John OLoughlin
    Last edited by John OLoughlin; 07-05-2007 at 03:34 PM. Reason: error posting link

Not a pure Notion file, but Notion as the base.

I notated the strings and percussion, saved to a wav file, imported into n-track studio, overdubbed the two guitar tracks. I'm happy with it.

www.frogstoryrecords.com/wav/watercourse.wav

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Carter

thanks for posting these songs. candy for my ears. I like your relaxed music

Go Back to forum