• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Scarbee Keyboard Gold Bundle K2

Share/Bookmark

Scarbee Keyboard Gold Bundle K2

The CEP demos on Scarbee's homepage sounds great!
    Those new instruments, are they just renamed or are they new products?
    Do they come with Halion/Kontakt players or do I have to buy another sampler?
    Are the instrument noice level adjustable in EXS24-format?
    Anybody compared it to Digidesign's new Velvet?

I bought the SID XL on their last sale, and it's not listed anymore on their products-page, and the forums closed. What's up?

The sale is extended until October 10, by the way.

Re: Scarbee Keyboard Gold Bundle K2

From what i understand its the same instruments just the names changed.
    I ordered the crossgrade from the halion version to the kontakt version-as soon as it gets here i will find out.
    The Kontakt version comes without a player. You need Kontakt or Kompakt to play the sounds.
    I also have the original EXS versions-they dont have the noise component.
    Cant try the Velvet-its RTAS only.
    SID XL is still available-its in the virtual instruments section.

Hans

Thanks, Hans!

#1. What are the differences between the Halion and the K2 versions?
    I've heard about load times in K2s favour. Is K2 lighter on the CPU as well?
    Anything else soundquality-wise or playbility?

#2. If you crossgrade, can you still use the Halion version?

Thanks,
    Hakan

Well, on the KGB K2 box (no crossgrade) there is written ::

Kontakt or HALion required - so I guess you can use either version ...

seems like Kontakt loads faster .... as there is hardly any pitch transposition (as each key is sampled) there is not much difference in sound ....
    I think for the K2 version there are no fx patches like for HAL... (but I would recommend looking at VKFX for fx anyways)....

best

Havent checked them for sonic differences-i doubt that there are any because AFAIK the sound is determined by the DAW and the hardware you use.
    Loading times are significantly shorter in K2 (at least from the last time i tried the Halion version)
    My motivation to sidegrade to the K2 version was the troubles i had with the Syncrosoft dongle that the Halion player requires.
    It was just too painful.
    The KGB works like a charme in K2.

Thanks!

I have the Halion version of K.G.B.
    When i bought it on-line I thought that I would get all formats, my mistake, i guess...(been running EXS24 so far)
    Thinking of crossgrading if I can use both formats...

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer
    Thanks!

I have the Halion version of K.G.B.
    When i bought it on-line I thought that I would get all formats, my mistake, i guess...(been running EXS24 so far)
    Thinking of crossgrading if I can use both formats...
    There are TWO versions of Keyboard Gold Bundle. Both include the 4 electric pianos AND a copy of the Vintage Keyboard FX plugin.

-- Scarbee K.G.B. (Virtual Instrument)
    This has been around for awhile and comes with the samples bundled in a Halion player engine. This also uses a Syncrosoft key (required but not included)
    http://www.scarbee-shop.com/product_...products_id=47

-- Scarbee K.G.B. (K2)
    This is fairly new, and is a multi-format Sample Library Only. The 2 included formats are Kontakt and Halion 3.
    http://www.scarbee-shop.com/product_...products_id=72

These two products above are also sold WITHOUT the Vintage Keyboard FX Plugin (just the 4 electic pianos), and are called:

-- Scarbee V.K.C. (Virtual Instrument)
    -- Scarbee V.K.C. (K2) [Kontakt and Halion]

P.S. -- If you own either of the "Virtual Halion instruments" (K.G.B. or V.K.C), you can cross-grade to the corresponding "sample library only" versions:
    http://www.scarbee-shop.com/index.php?cPath=36

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflemaster
    These two products above are also sold WITHOUT the Vintage Keyboard FX Plugin (just the 4 electic pianos), and are called:

-- Scarbee V.K.C. (Virtual Instrument)
    -- Scarbee V.K.C. (K2) [Kontakt and Halion]
    [/URL]
    Yeah but don't be tempted. Especially while the sale is on. Do get the FX! You won't regret it.
    JP

How does it compare to Kontakt Elektrik Piano?
    P4 3.0, 2 gig ram, nvidia 6800gt, 3 SATA drives, EMU-1820M, UAD-1, Studiologic SL-110, Mackie Universal Controller, Behringer Truth B2031A, Cubase SX3, Kontakt2, EWQL Gold, EWQL Choirs, EWQL Collosus, NI Akoustik Piano, NI Elektrik Piano, NI B4 II, EZ Drummer, Lyrical Distortion 1+2, Scarbee Bass, Real Guitar2, Atmospheres, Absynth1, GPO

Go Back to forum