• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hey you P-Sam peeps

Share/Bookmark

Hey you P-Sam peeps

Any idea when you are releasing your flute and picc fx lib? Plus, I am eager to see how much it costs - if it is in my current budget, I will definitely go for it. I may not use it alot, but the demos sound too good to pass up. Not looking for a price now, just a date, perhaps?

Cheers.

Re: Hey you P-Sam peeps

We're aiming at starting the SAM Exclusives downloads (first up SAM Flute and Piccolo Effects) within the next two weeks.
    The included installer software has caused some delay in our three new releases.

Pricing for this SAM Exclusive will be € 99.99.

Best,

Maarten
    Creative Director
    ProjectSAM
    Cinematic Sampling
    www.projectsam.com

Any chance you'll ever release the Project Sam libraries as virtual instruments (as in, with a built-in player?)

I bought horns/solo horn a few years back for Gigasampler 32, but I don't even have that installed on my computer anymore.

I'll probably buy Kontakt eventually, but it's hard to justify shelling out the cash when most of my libraries don't require it.

If you released the brass and truestrike libraries as VI's, I'd buy them without a second thought.

Thanks,
    chris.

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeZoot
    Any chance you'll ever release the Project Sam libraries as virtual instruments (as in, with a built-in player?)

I bought the solo horn a few years back for Gigasampler 32, but I don't even have that installed on my computer anymore.

I'll probably buy Kontakt eventually, but it's hard to justify shelling out the cash when most of my libraries don't require it.

If you released the brass and truestrike libraries as VI's, I'd buy them without a second thought.

Thanks,
    chris.
    We did release our True Strike 1 library with HALion built-in player last year!

However, our future libraries will not include players. We at ProjectSAM prefer to leave the choice to the end user which format to use and where to load our sounds into. Our goal with ProjectSAM has always been to offer great sounds to the user. This is what we want to focus on.

Our libraries are aimed at the professional film/tv/game composer who generally own one or more of the standard software samplers. Compatibility is therefore no longer an issue.

Best,

Maarten
    Creative Director
    ProjectSAM
    Cinematic Sampling
    www.projectsam.com

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten Spruijt
    We're aiming at starting the SAM Exclusives downloads (first up SAM Flute and Piccolo Effects) within the next two weeks.
    The included installer software has caused some delay in our three new releases.

Pricing for this SAM Exclusive will be € 99.99.

Best,

Maarten
    Cool - thanks for the info.

So, that will be 125.292 USD. Hmmm - I may have to rethink this purchase - the .292 might put me over my budget.

Any info on how much data these exclussives hold? €99 was a tad more than I expected. But maybe the release includes a tad more than I expected as well

Seems like a must buy... Especialy since it's a download. I love that.

SAM Flute & Piccolo Effects is roughly 1 GB of sounds. You're getting 4 mic sets (1x mono clip and 3x stereo), recorded in a small church environment.

Remember that every single sample in this series is a unique performance. There aren't alternations and velocities here that will increase the GB number as is the case with a drum or piano library.
    You may compare it with the effects section in SAM Horns, extended to 1 GB.

Best,

Maarten
    Creative Director
    ProjectSAM
    Cinematic Sampling
    www.projectsam.com

Go Back to forum