• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Chris Hein - Guitars Release: Nov.11th

Share/Bookmark

Chris Hein - Guitars Release: Nov.11th

After one year of hard work, I'm proud to announce:

Chris Hein - Guitars is about to be released.
    Shipping starts at November 11th 2006.

We offer a special price for orders until Nov.11th
    Regular price will be: $499
    Pre-order price: $440

Listen to the demosongs | Click here for more informations

Any comments, questions & suggestions welcome.

I hope you like it,

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

Thumbs up Re: Chris Hein - Guitars Release: Nov.11th

We wish you great success with the new release. Welcome to Northern Sound Source!

Bela D Media.com
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Re: Chris Hein - Guitars Release: Nov.11th

The guitars sound great Chris. I might have to go for this one....

Chris, I am sure it sounds great but I simply will not buy any more rompler based sample sets unless they fill a need no sample based library can fill.

I mostly use the EXS24, sometimes I used to use Kontakt, maybe in the future I will use Giga, who knows? I simpy must have at least the potential to be able to convert the samples I buy.

Just me, maybe.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Jay,

I can certainly sympathize with your feelings; I predominantly use EXS too. But I've just watched the video demos on Chris' site, and am impressed by just how much the Kontakt front end adds to the realism of the performance with it's features. I don't think that EXS is capable of this. May I respectfully suggest that you suspend judgement until you watch them. Of course if you're triggering these samples with a guitar midi controller, none of this may matter to you...

Chris,

Some questions:

1) Is this guitar product Mac OS X compatable?
    2) For both Intel based and non-Intel based macs (PPC)?
    3) Can the samples reside on a differrent drive than the plugin?

Thanks.

Great demos - musically really worthy!

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman
    Jay,

I can certainly sympathize with your feelings; I predominantly use EXS too. But I've just watched the video demos on Chris' site, and am impressed by just how much the Kontakt front end adds to the realism of the performance with it's features. I don't think that EXS is capable of this. May I respectfully suggest that you suspend judgement until you watch them. Of course if you're triggering these samples with a guitar midi controller, none of this may matter to you...
    You may perhaps be right about that but Kirk Hunter thought that about the EXS24 also until he got into the nitty gritty of programming for it and found that it was capable of all kinds of things like Round Robin that he was told it could not do.

Two years ago I got Kontakt and was using it until I compared the same samples played back from the EXS24 and Kontakt and to my surprise it simply sounded better in the EXS24. Kirk says it has something to do with the non-linearity of its release but to my ears better. And of course it is WAYYY more CPU effient and since I am a logic user it is a, well, logical choice.

But apart from that if there are no good sounding competing libraries then sure I will consider it but if there are I am going to hold out in most cases for the flexibility of not being tied to a rompler.

I.E. Spectrasonics products are so unique that i will live with the romplers

www.jayasher.com

The video demo's are great... and especially how the playing techniques have been adapted to the keyboard.

Best of luck with this, Chris. It looks like a surprisingly good library!

Any chance of there being smaller individual versions of the various instruments in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    First of all, this doesn't fit the "ROMpler" description, because I assume it uses streaming. Of all the formats out there, I would think Kontakt has the potential for being around the longest. Beyond that, are we really all that concerned about these things being around forever and ever? In theory, it would be nice, but my personal experience shows that it's not all that necessary. I still have tons of libraries that I bought from the mid-eighties on. I rarely go back to them, though. If you have VSL, EWQLSO, SIS, etc., why would you go back to, say, Advanced Orchestra? This technology moves along really quickly, and newer products blow away the older stuff (not to say that the older products weren't a real achievement in their time). If, for instance, the Spectrasonics plug-ins died a software death today, I will have already gotten my money out of them.

Even if software died today, it's still possible to keep things going for a good, long time. I believe that a lot of us will be keeping an XP machine or two around after Vista takes hold, because there will undoubtedly be things that will never make the jump to Vista.

Nothing lasts forever. If a product is excellent, and you'd get a lot of good use out of it, why not pick it up?

Lee Blaske
    I stand corrected about the rompler.

We are apparently quite different. I use my old libraries to mix and match with my newer ones all the time as every single one of them has a unique sound and attributes that suit certain compositions.

The Spectrasonics stuff is unique and I agree well worth it.

OK, now I will say it flat out. I am not a fan of Kontakt. I think that the same samples played through the EXS24 generally sound better and it is far more CPU efficient. And as a Mac User I can tell you that in my experience(and that is all that it is) over the years the less N.I. stuff I have loaded up the more stable my rig seems to be.

The N.I. people are very nice and certainly make some great sounding products so I am sad to say that when there are competing products I gravitate toward them.

So bottom line I am not willing to buy a Kontakt based product that I cannot convert reasonably successfully to other sample formats unless it is heads above the competition. Which maybe this is or isn't (LPC, LD).

www.jayasher.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast