• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: What audio interfaces are you using?

Share/Bookmark

What audio interfaces are you using?

We're trying to compile a list of audio interfaces with which to test NOTION to ensure proper functionality. Please list brand and model, like Presonus Firebox, or M-Audio MobilePre. Thanks.

Re: What audio interfaces are you using?

M-Audio Firewire Solo updated w. OS 10.8.4 drivers for Intel Mac

MOTU 828 firewire.

Peace

rikp

Behringer FCA 202 Firewire interface (ASIO driver). Does have issues sometimes with all the notation programs.

I can not get the latency time down under 10 ms and therefore am not very successful with the NTempo tapping - so no, I would not reccomend the FCA 202 fullheartedly.

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

I am only using the Notion Demo at this point. My soundcard is a MoTu 2408MkII with a PCI424 interface card. Maybe it's my card or my CPU (AMD 64X2 dual processor) but my entire system has been crashing to blue screen (dumping physical memory screen [nasty thing]) when I tried to learn the use of Notion.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR
    I am only using the Notion Demo at this point. My soundcard is a MoTu 2408MkII with a PCI424 interface card. Maybe it's my card or my CPU (AMD 64X2 dual processor) but my entire system has been crashing to blue screen (dumping physical memory screen [nasty thing]) when I tried to learn the use of Notion.
    Rich, the next time this happens, if you don't have your system set to reboot immediately, look at the first few lines of text at the top of the BSOD and take note of where the error occurred and post it here; it may provide some clues.

The text you'll be looking for usually reads something like:

---
    An error occurred in module [module name] at [memory address in hexadecimal], blah blah
    ----

Regards,
    TL

Quote Originally Posted by tledford
    Rich, the next time this happens, if you don't have your system set to reboot immediately, look at the first few lines of text at the top of the BSOD and take note of where the error occurred and post it here; it may provide some clues.

The text you'll be looking for usually reads something like:

---
    An error occurred in module [module name] at [memory address in hexadecimal], blah blah
    ----

Regards,
    TL
    Oops, forgot to point out that the "module name" is what you should post to the forum.

TL

Thanks for the comments TL. I will do that the next time it happens. However, FYI in the problem: I went into task manager and set the affinity to use just CPU0 in the Notion Program. I can have both CPU's working either one by changing the affinity setting. It has been working for the last 2 hours without a blue screen crash. My guess is that Notion does not handle dula processors yet, just like Tracktion and Cubase and most the rest of my music software .

Thanks again and I'll let you know what the screen tells me (besides the fact that you probably should save more often!)

Rich

Okay, I got the "blue screen". The info tledford said I should share is:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical Information (from near the bottom of BSOD)

***STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000901, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x89A0E601) ***

I've been away from hex too long, but I know the stop part is the hex address at which the machine froze!

This happened as I was closing the program. Now maybe I should turn both CPUs back on before turning off the program! Don't really know, I'm just guessing.

Rich

Rich, I'll let our team know. If you would, would you contact tech support about this? That way a proper ticket can be written up. Thanks.

Go Back to forum