• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question about GOS2

Share/Bookmark

Question about GOS2

Gary,

Have the features of GOS2 been finalized? (enough at least that you could give us a little spill about what it will be capable of)

Any chance of some audio demos (I know... I know... I'm driving you )

Or if it's too soon for any of that, then just say "It'll be awsome"
    JP Garbarini
    http://www.musicbyjpg.com

"A man who is paid to do what he enjoys never works a day in his life." -- Chinese Proverb

Re: Question about GOS2

It'll be awesome with plenty of new features.
    Wait for Gary to unveil the details.

Jeannot Welter.

There was a thread about this recently. Basically talking about the features of Stradivarius being applied to Sections. (that'll be nice)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannot Welter
    It'll be awesome with plenty of new features.
    Wait for Gary to unveil the details.

Jeannot Welter.
    hehehe, I know I know, I'm just so close to having everything I need I'm really excited.

At this point the only thing I am physically missing are my woodwinds and strings. The woodwinds are on their way and I HAVE to make a decision about my strings.

All my solo strings will come from Garritan, no question there ... but the section strings are a big issue. I'm seriously considering the Sonivox String Collections (since VSL is out of the question). But I keep imagining a Stradivari like string section... and start drooling ... and I don't even know if GOS2 will be anything like that

I've waited 13 years to get to this point... so I guess I should be able to wait a few more months... but gosh darnit I'm soooo close!
    JP Garbarini

"A man who is paid to do what he enjoys never works a day in his life." -- Chinese Proverb

The Sonivox strings and GOS are 2 different sounding libraries. Sonivox uses much smaller sections than GOS. GOS is a full symphony string section. The Sonivox is between a chamber orchestra and full symphony orchestra size. If you are looking for a smaller more intimate sound, then you want the Sonivox collection. For a large orchestra size, then GOS 2 is the answer. BTW, GOS2 sounds much better than the original GOS!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    The Sonivox strings and GOS are 2 different sounding libraries. Sonivox uses much smaller sections than GOS. GOS is a full symphony string section. The Sonivox is between a chamber orchestra and full symphony orchestra size. If you are looking for a smaller more intimate sound, then you want the Sonivox collection. For a large orchestra size, then GOS 2 is the answer. BTW, GOS2 sounds much better than the original GOS!

Jim
    Thanks Jim! That's perfect description of the differences between the two libraries. Sounds like they would both be very usefull.

I can't wait to hear about the features GOS2 will have, and of course to hear some demos .

Thanks for the reply.
    JP Garbarini

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    BTW, GOS2 sounds much better than the original GOS!
    Have you heard GOS2? I readed somewhere in this forum that GOS2 is in test process, so does it mean there's a beta of GOS2 outhere?

I can't wait to know something more about it. I think it's gonna be the definitive string library (I would have loved to buy GOS in its clearance sale, but I haven't got GS, and don't want to have it) so that's my chance.

I hear the demos of the original GOS at Garritan's website, and... I'm in love with how it sounds. So, if GOS2 is gonna sound better, and have legato and alternation embedded in the K2 player (no need of maestro tools), and sul altra corda functionality too... The only thing I can think of is auto-divisi (or section building, as in GPO).

I'm preparing my wallet...
    -Dani-

Go Back to forum