• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: It Happened on Friday the 13th

It Happened on Friday the 13th

Hey everyone,

I just wanted remind people that today is Friday the 13th. Weird things can and probably will happen today. For instance, I woke up this morning and the following things happened:

1. My dog, Sweatpea, SAID "Good morning Jon, now go get me some food!!"

2. I looked in the mirror and saw that I had three eyes.

3. The guy from the Twilight Zone was standing outside my front door, smoking and said, "He doesn't realize it yet, but he's just taken his first steps in that long day of work called.....THE TWILIGHT ZONE.

4. I turned on my car radio and all I can find was Theremin Music hosted by the Crypt Keeper from "Tales from the Crypt".

6. I had trouble getting out of my driveway bacause I kept going in cirlces.

5. The taffic lights weren't Red, Yellow, Green. The were Black, Pink, and Poka-dot.

6. I couldn't get to work because all of the roads led to Rome.

7. The pigs were flying and the birds were rolling around in the mud.

8. The weather was unseasonable warm, then frigid cold, the warm again, all the way to work.

9. Freddy Kruger was working the drive through at McDonalds.

10. The only seat available on the bus was next to a huge guy wearing a hockey mask, complete with a suit, tie and machetee!!!!

Is this just happening to me, or is anyone else expereincing a weird day?

I'll keep you posted as the day goes on.

Be safe, my friends.

For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Orcas Island

Re: It Happened on Friday the 13th

Hope your day went okay.

According to the Washington Times: This is not a good day for paraskevidekatriaphobics -- those who fear Friday the 13th. It's double-13 Friday. All the numbers in the numerical notation -- 10/13/2006 -- add up to 13 as well, giving great pause to the superstitious.

The phenomenon hasn't happened in 476 years, said Heinrich Hemme, a physicist at Germany's University of Aachen who crunched the numbers to find that the double-whammy last occurred Jan. 13, 1520.

California Redwoods

Well, I began the day by scalding myself with a dumped melita coffee filter, including the grounds (very adhesive, those French Roast coffe grounds). Still quite scalding, as I had just filled the filter cone. I won't describe the damaged area except to say that if it had happened to my mother, she would have had less burned than I. Fortunately, not a blister, but it was a real attention getter! Woke me up enough to finish the first movement of my Pentadaor String Quartet!

I missed a lot of the chat... I guess that is a bit strange...
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Well, at the Homecoming game last night, at 9:13 PM, 3rd quarter of the game, 13 seconds left on the clock for the third quarter, we were losing by 13 points (the opposing team had 13 points).
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Orcas Island

It's Friday the 13th again

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan

It's Friday the 13th again
    Not so, not so. It's the same Friday the 13th it always
    was... [humming theme from The Twilight Zone]

West Seneca, NY

My luckiest day of the year!

Dallas, TX

We had some tornados and hail storms roll through here this evening, but aside from that it's been a pretty nice day so far.

PS: some damage here and there, but thank God no one was injured.

Sirens went off here, but the tornado was about 15 minutes drive to our north.

Go Back to forum