I just wanted remind people that today is Friday the 13th. Weird things can and probably will happen today. For instance, I woke up this morning and the following things happened:
1. My dog, Sweatpea, SAID "Good morning Jon, now go get me some food!!"
2. I looked in the mirror and saw that I had three eyes.
3. The guy from the Twilight Zone was standing outside my front door, smoking and said, "He doesn't realize it yet, but he's just taken his first steps in that long day of work called.....THE TWILIGHT ZONE.
4. I turned on my car radio and all I can find was Theremin Music hosted by the Crypt Keeper from "Tales from the Crypt".
6. I had trouble getting out of my driveway bacause I kept going in cirlces.
5. The taffic lights weren't Red, Yellow, Green. The were Black, Pink, and Poka-dot.
6. I couldn't get to work because all of the roads led to Rome.
7. The pigs were flying and the birds were rolling around in the mud.
8. The weather was unseasonable warm, then frigid cold, the warm again, all the way to work.
9. Freddy Kruger was working the drive through at McDonalds.
10. The only seat available on the bus was next to a huge guy wearing a hockey mask, complete with a suit, tie and machetee!!!!
Is this just happening to me, or is anyone else expereincing a weird day?
According to the Washington Times: This is not a good day for paraskevidekatriaphobics -- those who fear Friday the 13th. It's double-13 Friday. All the numbers in the numerical notation -- 10/13/2006 -- add up to 13 as well, giving great pause to the superstitious.
The phenomenon hasn't happened in 476 years, said Heinrich Hemme, a physicist at Germany's University of Aachen who crunched the numbers to find that the double-whammy last occurred Jan. 13, 1520.
Well, I began the day by scalding myself with a dumped melita coffee filter, including the grounds (very adhesive, those French Roast coffe grounds). Still quite scalding, as I had just filled the filter cone. I won't describe the damaged area except to say that if it had happened to my mother, she would have had less burned than I. Fortunately, not a blister, but it was a real attention getter! Woke me up enough to finish the first movement of my Pentadaor String Quartet!