• Register
  • Help

Topic: Jazz female voice library??

Jazz female voice library??

This may be a stretch, but here we go....

I have a new contract to produce an album of 10 songs for a female Jazz/pop vocalists (think 'female take 6').

Of course I want to mock up the arrangments for the group for approval and tweaking - the only 'vocalist' library I have that will get me anywhere close to this is my JV 1080 (male jazz doos and baps, etc.)

Does anyone know of something like this for female voices. Doesn't have to be perfect as it will only be used to 'mock up' for reference and approval tracks.

Thanks for any help you can be (an expansion 'female jazz vocals' card for my JV would even work) - :wink:

Rob Elliott Music

Lightbulb Re: Jazz female voice library??

It is quite time wasting, but using Vocaloid Lola, you should create excellent Jazzy female vocal ensamble. The problem is that the programming (requested to avoid robot-like singing) is heavy.

The aim of LOLA was exactly to create convincing and quick mock up or back vocals for producers. The program is now probably unexpensive due to low demand, it's no longer a new one.

It has been a failure for solos and melodic creation, but choirs and jazzy or blues choirs were really acceptable IMO.

Re: Jazz female voice library??

Vocal Planet and SOV is a good combo for this.

Thanks Guys for the replies. I should not say that they are 'take 6' - no where near that complicated jazz. More of cross between a 'white bread' version of take 6 and Josh grobin / foster feel.

Eric - vocal planet have enough female multisamples? Run on Kontakt?

Rob Elliott Music

There's a downloadable female scat library here:-

I've bought it, but never really got around to using it, so I can't vouch for it's effectiveness. There was also an edition of Computer Music magazine a couple of months ago where the cover DVD was devoted to female jazz samples, but I think that was probably phrases and loops.

Here is another one, but it is also not multisampled:

For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Go Back to forum