• Register
  • Help

Topic: Behringer Xenyx 2442 / UB 2442?

Behringer Xenyx 2442 / UB 2442?

Hi. Does anyone know how the new Xenyx mixers compare to the older UB range? I'm looking for a mixer with at least 8 decent pres and direct outs. I need the audio path to be as quiet as possible and am wondering if the Xenyx is quieter than the UB? I'm not bothered about the eq, fx and USB as I have decent converters and will be mixing entirely within Cubase SX3.

Re: Behringer Xenyx 2442 / UB 2442?

I bought my daughter a xenyz (802?). I haven't given it a critical listen. It seems to work fine.

I notice that the xenyx is priced just a bit higher than the UB series. That's probably the main difference. Have you bought any Euros lately? The dollar is near worthless in Europe right now. My guess is that they re-branded it, so they could charge a few bucks more and keep from losing their shirts. They probably found cut some costs, and designed out some older, hard to get parts while they were at it.

Not that the xenyx is pricey. It's not. I just don't see how they could make any money off the UB at an even lower price point.

Go Back to forum