• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: First track with KH Emerald

Share/Bookmark

First track with KH Emerald

hi forum.

here is my first piece done with KH Emerald (except the choirs)
    This piece is a first idea for my new project.
    CHARA, a fantasy epos.

Enjoy

http://andreas-max.de/upload/files/CharaEntwurf.mp3

Andy

Re: First track with KH Emerald

Very dramatic What is an "epos" ?

Very nice and deep sound.

The strings are really lush and so are the choirs... Solo obe sounds brilliant. Somehow the brass are not perfect... but are almost there (and most certianly not your fault really).

But I am overly impressed by the quality of kirks samples (that started listening recently).

I can see that this is a prologue of some sort, right? Not really developed or anything... But it works great as a prelude to the epos.

tarvini: epos, comes from the greek word sounding the same (epos, or επος) and means a very large work blown out of proportions usually. Illiad is a prime example of an epos...

Quote Originally Posted by tarvini
    Very dramatic What is an "epos" ?
    I sec. that...

Quote Originally Posted by nikolas
    tarvini: epos, comes from the greek word sounding the same (epos, or επος) and means a very large work blown out of proportions usually. Illiad is a prime example of an epos...
    Unless you are unsatisfied with my (rather bad) explanation, in which case wait for someone else to explain better...

Wow. Nice job there Andy. Very convincing textures. I don't smell a rat in the whole piece.

FWIW, I generally don't put the quality of a cut like this down to the library, but rather the author.

Mark

Like nikolas said, 'epos' = 'epic piece'. (of art)

very nice

Lovely

I don't mind the brass so much either. great work, KH sounds pretty nice huh.
    www.energiestudios.com

This time the problems hit me: I can't seem to be able to download it. Only getting 4Kb, even when using a downlaod manager.
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Quote Originally Posted by Crossingsound
    Lovely

I don't mind the brass so much either. great work, KH sounds pretty nice huh.
    I agree, though it does sound a tad thin. Is the brass an enseble patch or are you using seprate patches for each instrument. To me it almost sounds like I'm only hearing one brass intruments, but I'm certainly not an expert at such analysis. What really impresses me is the dynamics, the total opposite fo the usually midi-strated soft-loud-soft flaw. I'm curious if you used crescedo patches/samples or did you manually layer instruments at different velocities (hope you know what I mean). My current problem is that my orchestrations dynamics sound fairly good except at the very first second of the recording when all of the instruments start at once. Even if I try to stagger them a little, it just sounds so synthetic to have so much sound pound out of nowhere, yet if I ramp the volujme on some or all instruments, it sounds even more synthetic. ANy suggestions?

Go Back to forum