• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: EZdrummer EZXs

Share/Bookmark

EZdrummer EZXs

Hey guys,

I'm not a Toontrack employee, but I do betatest.

Just wanted to let you know that the C&V, Percussion and DFH EZXs kick serious butt! They will be released shortly.

You can listen to demos here:

http://www.ezdrummer.com/demos.asp

Re: EZdrummer EZXs

Quote Originally Posted by artbeat77
    Hey guys,

I'm not a Toontrack employee, but I do betatest.

Just wanted to let you know that the C&V, Percussion and DFH EZXs kick serious butt! They will be released shortly.

You can listen to demos here:

http://www.ezdrummer.com/demos.asp
    Will they and EZ Drummer be Binary capable when they are released?

UB has been in beta for a while. I'm a PC user, so I haven't been keeping up with its progress. The Toons have real depth to their beta team, so I'm sure it won't be too long.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Tony

UB has been in beta for a while. I'm a PC user, so I haven't been keeping up with its progress. The Toons have real depth to their beta team, so I'm sure it won't be too long.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Tony
    I presume you're a Stylus user as well, given that you write to this forum, can I just ask you whether you think that EZ Drummer is a comparable and even easier drum plugin to work with?
    I find Stylus good but ultimately I want something that will give me more control over the way I program my grooves and fills etc. Basically I want something less complicated. Would EZ Drummer fit the bill?

Thanks in advance

EZ is real simple to use, but I didn't find Stylus difficult to learn either. IMO, in terms of difficulty, it's like going form a 4 (Stylus) to a 2 (EZ). Also, RMX looks like it's after the lo-fi, grungy loop audience, and EZ is more straight-ahead than that (Kick, Snare, Hat, Toms, Cymbals + a zillion grooves).

EZ is General MIDI compatible. That should feel familiar to most of us. The grooves are drag-n-drop ala Stylus.

I'm not very well-versed in the SAGE expanders, but I've heard that there are some that are more straight-ahead. You just have to pay more $$$ for it.

If I don't miss my guess, EZ is what you are looking for. Simple (EZ?... sorry), great sounding/natural drums, and lots of grooves, but you won't get any Stylus bashing out of me.

Smile Re: EZdrummer EZXs

If I don't miss my guess, EZ is what you are looking for. Simple (EZ?... sorry), great sounding/natural drums, and lots of grooves, but you won't get any Stylus bashing out of me.
    Thanks for that.
    When EZ goes binary I will get a copy. And you're right there is nothing wrong with Stylus, just that it has, as you say, a grunge factor. I also and mainly want a straight up and down plugin like EZ with natural sounding timbres to get started and then I can add other timbres if I feel like it. But I really miss something that it seems EZ is promising, something that sounds like a drummer in a band and or studio and allows the quick building and testing of song structures without having to go in and constantly tweak to get it right.

I wish Spectrasonics would release their OWN version of what you're talking about -- i.e., a multi-sample drum plugin. It would be the PERFECT compliment to Stylus, and I'm sure they'd do it right, too.

But since that doesn't seem to be forthcoming, I've still got EZ Drummer at the TOP of my to-buy list.

(Just a few more weeks of giving plasma...)

ok, this is pure laziness, but how is the liscensing on ez drummer, meaning can the elements be used in a music library soloe'd, anyone take the time to find this out yet? I know, I know, I am lazy
    www.energiestudios.com

Hi,

The EZX:s are shipping out as we speak and
    Universal Binary public betas are now available
    for registered users from the Toontrack website
    for RTAS and AU. VST/UB will be coming shortly.

Andreas/Toontrack

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Sundgren
    Hi,

The EZX:s are shipping out as we speak and
    Universal Binary public betas are now available
    for registered users from the Toontrack website
    for RTAS and AU. VST/UB will be coming shortly.

Andreas/Toontrack
    The site seems to be offline? Anyone else notice this?

Go Back to forum